Tilia - leaf problem?

Arbgirl

Any idea what this is? On a row of Tilia, all seem affected. I did see some see-thru small glassy caterpillar type bugs on it too - didnt have a camera so just took a leaf. I have lost the "caterpillar" in my vehicle somewhere :thumbdown:

Just been on a site visit for a new job and would like to be able to help him with the rest of his trees - I saw lots of disease (acres of dead poplars/lots of dying foliage on other trees/shrubs/phytophtera etc) so I should have a field day!! I am just longing to see his fungi later in the year!

Oh, and I passed Tree Condition for my Tech Cert!! Only BS5837 to get to grips with properly to pass now! :thumbup:

(yes, I know, I should know this )

SDC10341.jpg.cfd003f8703a07225369432897bee493.jpg

SDC10342.jpg.ae0b1d606df15b37a400d61a8643213b.jpg

Nice one. Hope the tech cert is going well, I'm due to start mine in september. I've already had a read through BS5837, it's thrilling stuff! :001_huh:

What would be some good things to learn/brush-up on before the course starts?

Hmmm BS5837 is gripping stuff isnt it! Best learn it till you can recite the whole document in your sleep I reckon! :sneaky2:

With regards to what to read up on..well it depends what you know and what you dont know really!

Get good at fungi ID and recognising what types of decay it causes and on what tree

Get good at your tree ID

Get familiar with various tree laws/regs etc

Get learning your pests and diseases (this forum is an excellent source of info)

Go and practice surveying trees - any tree will do - experience is the best way to learn

Read woodland management plans and learn woodland ground flora, shrub layer and learn to recognise types of woodland using indicators - biodiversity of woodlands and how to encourage it etc

Im sure some of this you will be better at than others - so focus on what you arent as strong at for your book learnin' :001_smile: