Prune back to last puning point?

benedmonds

What does it mean...? I have a TO who uses it..

Am I missing something or is it a reasonable specification for reducing previously topped trees .. Like these..

When the consultation document was released for 3998:2010 they had a thing in there about this type of work, crown reduction it related to. I think it was referred to a 'shoot renewal pruning', I thought that was a good term but it never made it to the standard for some reason.

I think prune back is the main issue any way, the word should be reduce as this is what is specified within best practice (3998). How can you condition a spec that says prune back in accordance with 3998 when it doesn't cover that spec. Its picky I know but LA solicitors like things to be water tight if you ever need to enforce.

I had one a few years ago where they wouldn't enforce the destruction of an ash tree on a development site as it said 're-locate sewer outside of RPA' on the approved plan. To me that means put a new one in and route around RPA. They claimed it meant rip the old one out with a JCB taking the rootplate with it. Even though all the fencing and tree protection was conditioned the still would not enforce as they said it wasn't a dead cert.

Bonkers