mad chipper

WoodED

holy ****!:scared1:

never seen one of those before. Doesnt give you much time to hit the emergency stop does it!!

The guy feeding it could do with some PPE as well i guess:sneaky2:

Hahahahahahah emergency stop hahahahahah. Seriously though, I have one and they are a beast of a machine when you know how to use them. According to a few statistics I read, there's less accidents and fatalities with these old chuck and ducks than there are with the newer machines. It seems to be that operators generally have more respect for these than the machines with the emergency stop, feed rollers etc. They're cheap as chips to buy and maintain, they're built like a brick outhouse and very rarely go wrong. Mines a 94 model whisper and it just keeps going. Chips up to 9 inches and cost be around the equivalent of 3500 quid. You sure as hell don't have to wait around for it to self feed. Mine runs a 6 cylinder 4.2l ford petrol engine. The 352 V8's are a sight to behold. Don't knock em till you've tried em.

Was feeding some stuff through mine the other day. Had a reasonable size rose in with some other stuff. One end of he rose got wrapped around my hand, the other end went in to the chipper. Somewhat painful to say the least and was picking bits of rose thorn out of my hand for days after.