Most Arbs are bloody good people...

Ben Lad

Arb Fair North and the Arboricultural Association Arborist Tree Challenge climbing comp brought not only North east arbs out but also folk from manchester, preston, York and Inverness to name a few.

There are lots of reasons I enjoyed the First Arb Fair North, apart from the obvious... (its closer than other shows, the lush hog roast:001_tt2:, the prizes, decent weather and bunch of decent exhibitors) ...I love the way when you put a load or tree people together you get to realise that our little industry is full of a lot of good folk!

I had great chats with people who know their shizzle and have the time to share their thoughts and demo ideas (thanks Paul and Nick from the 3ATC climbing comp)

Cracking banter with people who came from all over the shop.. big hiya to The Inverness School of Forestry and Arb... Mr Valentine it was a pleasure. Perhaps there was a little over indulgence with the rest of the campers but we had a good night to BBQ and banter.

Style awards to the myerscough team who turned up to climb in the comp all sporting very desirable t-shirts. . . all I can say is... "Bosh"

Thanks to all the organisers, spesh Nick of kirkley Hall fame and peter from Dustcarts... I mean Gustharts. Thanks to Mr Tony Derbyshire, My second Saw pod is shaping up to be even more prized than the veteran.

At the risk of sounding sentimental or a bit simple It's just great to feel that there are other Arbs about that are up for meeting up networking learning and sharing.....and having a bit of booze cake!!! I just wanted to encourage anyone that didn't get to this arb fair or might not attend one closer to them... Its good to talk, but its better to get stuck in and try and win some kit! Then there is always camping over and having a brew or 2!

So I am looking forward to the next comp and the next chance to meet like minded people to share a bit of the craic with...

Cheers all :thumbup:

ps Hello to Mr Nathan Day, I tried to find you on FB but it seems that there is an army of you, perhaps I'll bump into you on Arbtalk?

Hello Ben wish id made the show but was busy as you know, will make sure I get there next time. Comps aren't my cup of tea ( probably because I'm crap haha ) but do want to get to these shows and meet a few people and meet some of the lads on here. I'm sure you will do well in the comps mate:thumbup: