training

Nick Waring

after trying to go for a run around my local park today. i realised that im fairly unfit, and only managed around 30mins, with a couple of wee breaks.

I would be very greatfull if anyone can give my advice on training. e.g running, cycling. etc.

Thanks in advance.

Nick

There's Lots of stuff online about this lots of conflicting opinions, also Runners World is a good resource. 30mins is pretty good.

if you have any biomechanical probs, see a good sports physio, I did and he gave me some conditioning exercizes which re stableized my knee so I could run and ride again, (with out a knee brace). they were boring, but they allow me to do the stuff i love:001_smile:

drink plenty of water and eat a good diet, you will get better results.

Cross training is great, keeps it interesting allows you to use different muscles, I train beetween the bike, MTB trails/bike park, and trail/ fell running and walking, and a few other things.

I loved my MP3 player when I first got back to running because it gave me somthing else to focus on, and made me run a bit harder on the down hills, I really like running to Smashing pumkins , or Live on fast rocky decents. now I am happier just to get lost in the activity, then to have the distraction..

If you get injured its a bummer.... rest, relax, recuperate, or it will only gets worse. :sneaky2:

V

Hi Nick I am really into fitness joining a boxing club or kick /Thai boxing club or any martail arts club will get you very fit and its fun too it will build your stamina no end .build that in with some weight training and in a couple of months see a huge diffence in you fitness.

All the best

Eastwater:001_smile:

I run every day, unless I'm beat tired. Three miles when I've worked, five miles when I haven't. I'm 53 years old and I've a six pac. I don't eat flour, rice, or potato products. Mostly fish, veggies and egg whites.

Jeez Im 50 and Ive never had a six pack,even though I played Rugby for 40yrs.Ive made it a personal goal to get a six pack by the time I turn 53.Thanks MB,Im gonna do some crunches right now.

Thanks MB,Im gonna do some crunches right now.

Actually, I don't do crunchs or sit-ups. I do hanging bent knee leg raises. I started with three sets of 20 reps, increasing by 5 reps whenever I could and now I'm up to 70. My goal is to reach 100.

Actually, I don't do crunchs or sit-ups. I do hanging bent knee leg raises. I started with three sets of 20 reps, increasing by 5 reps whenever I could and now I'm up to 70. My goal is to reach 100.

one fit dude M B .:001_smile:My six packs in the fridge .

Edited by White Noise
Ive got no six pack and im jealous lol

my best tip, start off slow and build it up slowly. as you get better start aiming for longer or faster.

i did a local 5k race one evening a few weeks back in 23.40 (my good lady did hers in 22.56) i'd rather be in the hills though, tougher and more enjoyable.

try rock climbing thats tough and increases strength and balance no end

Jamie