Creatine

Mark Bolam

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had a peep at what Wikipedia said about it as I didn't have clue what creatine was. Seems there are known issues with lower leg pain (tennis elbow?!) due to water uptake by muscles and joints but suggest you read the detail re dosage etc..

Bro's PTI thinks it builds muscle but not tendon / cartilige.

So when your muscle gets stronger it can screw everything up.

I hope this is wrong, but I'm beginning to wonder...

Makes total sense:- if you build up muscle very quickly then your tendon/ligament strength will not keep up, and as you go on working/training you are automatically demanding more of your body. Instead of all parts of your spino-skeletal system working in unison, you have introduced weak points, i.e. your ligaments/ tendons. Therefore you will unavoidably overstrain these parts. It doesnt necessarily occur just from taking things like creatine- a sudden increased workload can have the same effect: I went through a period of building stone walls, and when making stones for one wall we worked out that we were doing about 10,500 hammer hits per day for about a four week period, and about half that on normal stonework, all with approx 2.5lb lump hammers. I ended up with massive forearms, but took painkillers instead of resting, and ended up with such bad tennis and golfers elbow that i had to stop altogether. That was 3 years ago and i cant use a hammer for more than about 10 minutes still, or straighten my arm properly. :thumbdown:

It is a natural substance found in the body already. That is why it is/was so difficult to determine if the athlete had an unfair advantage through taking it.

Creatine is used by the Phospho Creatine (sp) CP or PC Energy system. The CP system provides an athlete with an almost instantaneous energy supply, good for approx max 15 second.

I cannot say for sure but are you guys who have experienced problems with creatine product not overdone it and developed an overuse injury or rsi through a false sense of security the product may give you?

Just a thought.

It is a natural substance found in the body already. That is why it is/was so difficult to determine if the athlete had an unfair advantage through taking it.

Creatine is used by the Phospho Creatine (sp) CP or PC Energy system. The CP system provides an athlete with an almost instantaneous energy supply, good for approx max 15 second.

I cannot say for sure but are you guys who have experienced problems with creatine product not overdone it and developed an overuse injury or rsi through a false sense of security the product may give you?

Just a thought.

I think you have a point there rich- I understand what it is, and think your last comment may have hit the nail on the head.:001_smile: