FSI B30-470 2WD Views please.

Jesse

Good evening all, been looking at buying a new grinder, or two,Yes I like the Bandit 2250, no belts nice big wheel but a little bit chunky but great build quality, Fav was the Joe Beau 31-110 , compact, well built, auto sweep and on tracks, but then I have just come across the FSI B30-470, Its got auto sweep, narrow just a tad long, but way under budget compared to the Joe Beau, and just under budget compared to the Bandit. Has anyone any experience of this machine please, I think all will be at the trade show, FSI also do a push pivot 13hp grinder, half the price of the Bandit HB20, Don't all hop on me , I know that they are two very different machines, but on price and weight its well worth thinking about. :confused1:

Good evening all, been looking at buying a new grinder, or two,Yes I like the Bandit 2250, no belts nice big wheel but a little bit chunky but great build quality, Fav was the Joe Beau 31-110 , compact, well built, auto sweep and on tracks, but then I have just come across the FSI B30-470, Its got auto sweep, narrow just a tad long, but way under budget compared to the Joe Beau, and just under budget compared to the Bandit. Has anyone any experience of this machine please, I think all will be at the trade show, FSI also do a push pivot 13hp grinder, half the price of the Bandit HB20, Don't all hop on me , I know that they are two very different machines, but on price and weight its well worth thinking about. :confused1:

l

look a the carlton 4012, range ,cracking grinders :thumbup:

597664f240aae_Picture268.jpg.6cea01b477fc62a7a157ca0f99c09859.jpg

sliding drive :confused1:

My term sorry, i,v seen with the one your on about , but there is the push into the ground thing at the back then (spike) i assume it acts as an anchor when driving forward over the stump, correct me but its still a bulky grinder do you not think.

sliding drive :confused1:

Extending tongue :001_smile:

A throwback to the days when the grinders were tow behinds on the back of a pickup.Not usually fitted these days.

Edited by roboted
digit/keyboard prob

The FSI Stumpgrinders are quality machines with a good pedigree in design an innovation, if you are interested in the machines please give me a call and I will be happy to talk you through the range, we will be at the Arb show with 3 machines out of the range so please come onto our stand and find me.:thumbup1:

Phil (Bald ED) 07880 646067

I would consider fsi quality better compared with bandit, just had my hands on one in the weekend, and i think it is very nice built, and have some good features, like the swing out control so you can actually see what the cutting wheel is doing. I have talked to the owner of fsi a couple of times and if i remember correctly most of the maintenance parts is standard so you can buy it anywere.And no matter what people say, there is a bigger power loss in the hydraulic cutter wheel system. But i would step up a bit and get the diesel version. You also get a little more swing 1.35 m versus 1.25 m on the bandit.

Thanks for that, surely if all other build quality was as good as or beyond they would offer a std 5 yr warranty like Bandit? We use a solid chassis construction with continuous steel wels as opposed to bolt together items. The pockets holding the teeth are unique to FSI & have to be purchased from Denmark.

The hydrostatic motor at the cutter wheel is a heavy-duty, 40CC unit that uses an oversize bearing to manage the side-load and shock loads associated with stump grinding. Despite early pre-release and pre-mature skepticism by critics on the amount of power transferred to the cutterhead; engineering data, theoretical design analysis, and overwhelming positive feedback from customers have proven otherwise that the Model 2250 is a powerful machine that is every bit as productive as a belt-driven machine in the same class. Only 29" width due to no belt drive + the engine is low down & on the rear for low centre of gravity & balance.

Now then Dean, no one is disputing Bandits build quality, or you customer service, I have been researching all models, for me I think its going to be the Bo Jeau, but your machine is a very close contender, for what you get with the 2250 its really tempting, all very different machines, and the drive system on the 2250 together with the larger cutter wheel than the others put it up there. On price the FSI offer good value, but its not just about that, down time is a real pisser, so with no belts and I think no clutch yours is a serous contender, but as 90% of my work is in tight locations with yours I would need two machines, cant afford 2250 and sidewinder , budget now is 19k with vat, so thats either 31-110 which will do everthing or two machines within that price. Thanks to all for your input.