Smoothies

APC

(I'm not a climber but this seemed the most appropriate forum to use so I bunged it here, feel free to move).

I've started getting bang into smoothies since I started upping my training. I'm lazy when it comes to eating in as much as I can't be bothered to eat much, although what I do eat is mostly good stuff rather than hoof and eyelid meat-like grill. As a result, I've tried putting 3 of my 5 a day fruit in a smoothie (although I understand that once liquidised, it no longer counts more than 1 of your 5 due to it being too smaller pieces or something, therefore you lose out on the roughage??).

So, I bung in:

A banana,

handful of strawberries,

handful of blueberries,

12 brazil nuts,

handful of oats,

scoop of icecream, naughty naughty!

500ml semi-skimmed.

I blend it until you can still chew on the nuts when you come to drink it. I have one before work, then one after the gym, although I usually lose the strawberries and blueberries.

It tastes pucka.

I'm thinking of bunging in raw egg but am worried that it will taste gack. I would cook the eggs like a normal person but like I said, I'm lazy. Massively lazy when trying to get gear together for work.

What's your smoothie of choice?

Oh have I ever done smoothies from 4 boiled egg whites with six tins of tuna and orange juice to just plain old water with chunks of ice and two chicken breasts haha

I like to use handful of mixed nuts , two scoops of whey Protein a blob of ice cream or rice pudding two bannana's a muller lo fat yoghurt and top with semi skimmed milk

can also add handful of rolled porridge oats aswell if that wasn't already enough

Got it in one lorry bud haha

I still love any vanilla flavoured shake tho even after all these years of protein use and abuse haha

manly tho it's all about quickness and vast amouts of calories in one sitting,I have a pretty poor apptite for more than three cooked meals so if I can blEnd the other three up into smoothies or shakes it works better for me

I have devised a new smoothie.

It compromises of:

Ice

Lime

Gin

Tonic

I try to have it between main meals. I feel great during the day, all my body pains vanish.

Feel slightly rough the next morning but then I have another one before breaky and then I feel great again.

:@