Welcome to the Arbtalk.co.uk | Discussion Forum for Arborists.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Training and Health Discuss training and diets, injuries and rehabilitation

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-11   #11 (permalink)
Senior Member, Raffle Sponsor 2013

Re: Strength Training

Protien shakes are waist of money if your diet is right, as your body only takes on so much,You s%#t the rest out. If you want strength with stamina then try to lower your waight and do more reps. If you are looking for short bursts of strength along with bulk then lift a heavy waight and do say 3 sets of 5 reps. Make sure you alternate muscles, say Monday you do your shoulders miss tues, and do your biceps triceps weds, miss thurs and to chest fri. Best to do is to speek to your lockal gym and ask for program. Works for me, I like to throw at least a 40 min cardio session in befor as it warms and streches your muscles. Works well for me, atb eddie
Old 01-04-11   #12 (permalink)

Thanks for all the info fellas, will give it a go over the weekend and look at sorting out a benching partner, cheers
All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible.
- T.E.Lawrence
Old 01-04-11   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancsMike View Post
I'll have to order some off Amazon and give them a bash, mate of mine is big into his training over in Elland so i'll pick his brains on it and ask him to give me a demo. Thanks Robert

Edit : Thanks by the way, Hypnotherapy seemed to do the job, not had 1 Ciggy since nor want to.. if anything cig smoke smells pretty bloody rancid now lol
Have a look at clubbells as well. If you wanna get big do whole body stuff.
Squats, split squats, jump squats, deadlifts, cleans/clean and press.
I think most tree surgeons will already have uber strong delts so they may be taking over in your bench press, try incline flyes to build the upper part of your chest.
Good luck Jedi warrior.
Old 01-04-11   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bareroots View Post
i prefer this work out myself...

YouTube - Hot 40 Min. Workout - Part 2

enjoy
Can someone tell me what happens in the other 3min 12 secs of this clip.
Old 01-04-11   #15 (permalink)
Senior Member, Raffle Sponsor 2011, 2012

www.foregroundtreesurgery.co.uk
Old 01-04-11   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumble B View Post
Can someone tell me what happens in the other 3min 12 secs of this clip.
Errrrr... what did you say again mate got distracted
All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible.
- T.E.Lawrence
Old 02-04-11   #17 (permalink)

Holla and I shall appear haha good beginners workout split to the world of strength would be push,pull,and lower body
three days a week no more than 40 mins needed.
Push day I'd warm shoulder. Up with some light overhead presses Then some barbell military presses,followed by flat bench then finished off with floor presses.And some heavy pulley pushdowns with cambered bar
Pull day do some highrep situps and hyper extensions and head straight to deadlifts,follow up with some high cleans,and then some bent over barbell rows,finish with high rep rear delt raises supersetted with face pulls.

Lower body two mins cycle warm up then knees and head straight to squat rack,proceed to do nice controlled squats to at least parallel.follow up with stiff leg deadlifts

Warm up set of 15 reps to start then after that do set of 5 reps then 3 then final set do two reps (or a double a it's known)
eat like a king sleep well,and despite what anyone says on here if trainin hard enough then your body will need outside protein sources or protein shakes.
I can't even humanly eat 5thousand calories of solid food a day.
Any questions fire away I'll be glad to help.
Old 02-04-11   #18 (permalink)

Try YouTube elitefts YouTube channel and anything by westside barbell,rippetoe is a fraud and his form will hurt you over the years,terrible strength coach.I follow modified westside template for my powerlifting meets.
Good luck dude
Old 02-04-11   #19 (permalink)
Site Moderator, Raffle Sponsor 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
rippetoe is a fraud and his form will hurt you over the years,terrible strength coach.
Could you expand a little on this - genuinely interested.
Old 02-04-11   #20 (permalink)

when i first started training i had no ned for suplements but as my training has progressed the need for suplements has become greater. the secret to gaining all round strength is to base your training arround some principle Compound lifts such as squatts , dead lifts and bench press the build your training programe around these . i train 3 days a week with weights and try and get a couple more sessions in at they gym doing some cardio (when work allows) . also the ammount of reps and sets you do will have quite alot to do with your development i tend to alternate betwene 5 sets of five reps , pyramid sets - 15-10-8-5 and 3 sets of ten , try and mix up your training programe and training style every 6-8 weeks and this will further help . And yes the right types of protein shake can help out along the way . i for one never thought i would be able to squatt 220 kg or dead lift that sort of weight but i now can and i will readilly put this down to all of the help and advice i have had from several trainers and fellow weight lifters .

apparently the people of Basra dont like the flintstones .....
But the people of Abu Dhabi do !!!!!