Welcome to the Arbtalk.co.uk | Discussion Forum for Arborists.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Training and Health Discuss training and diets, injuries and rehabilitation

Thank you for all your donations. The total we have raised this year for The Childrens Trust so far is 1275!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-11   #31 (permalink)
Site Moderator, Raffle Sponsor 2013

Re: Running

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamadryad View Post
they say life begins at 40, but it looks downhill to me!

You better believe it

"
William Blake

TreeFung-ous

david.humphries@cityoflondon.gov.uk

Fungal Diversity
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eER5GyUqQJ0
Old 01-04-11   #32 (permalink)
Senior Member, Raffle Sponsor 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey-D View Post
You better believe it

I do believe it!

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."~Arthur Schopenhauer (German philosopher, 1788-1860)

"The acquisition of any knowledge is always of use to the intellect, because it may thus drive out useless things and retain the good. For nothing can be loved or hated unless it is first known".~Leonardo da Vinci

"The scientific man does not aim at an immediate result. He does not expect that his advanced ideas will be readily taken up. His work is like that of the planter for the future. His duty is to lay the foundation for those who are to come, and point the way. He lives and labors and hopes".~Nikola Tesla

my desire to enlighten, out of love of neighbour
Old 01-04-11   #33 (permalink)

This worked for me - I had a scare from the doc about cholesterol levels despite running about 35 miles a week and not being overweight. So I read a bit and realised that the saturated fat content of food is pretty bad and hence the bad results. So I cut down on sats to 5g per day instead of the recommended 20g. I have lost over a stone and a half (that's equivalent in weight to over 25 tins of chopped tomatoes) in 3 months. I still eat what I want but in moderation and have found alternatives to the foods I loved most. I talked a (rotund) mate into it and he has lost 4lb in a week and he is a couch spud and would not dream of putting a pair of trainers on!! So reduce your 'sat fat' and add a little training on top and you'll be as fit as a butchers dog!
Old 01-04-11   #34 (permalink)
Senior Member, Raffle sponsor 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Bolam View Post
Are they the ones you put in an old fashioned gas mask Steve?

Well cheap on the Cyclone Lorry. Must be chinky copy gear. Do your farts smell a bit sweet and sour?
Haha no mate but they are Peking flavor!

What's the crack with the charcoal tablets steve is that an April fool haha?
Old 02-04-11   #35 (permalink)

Yo lorry I don't suffer with gas to be honest god knows how,even spanking down three weight gain shakes a day my tummy still downt emit gas,only time it did was when I decided to up my leafy greens intake,that was like dropping a gas bomb where Ever I let rip haha
Old 02-04-11   #36 (permalink)

The most recommended anti- flatulent remedy, however, is charcoal tablets. When consumed orally, charcoal tablets are able to absorb gaseous substances in the intestines that cause bloating and abdominal discomfort, thereby relieving flatulence. Charcoal tablets provide a two-fold capacity: to prevent toxin absorption and to enhance toxin elimination.

Charcoal is available in the form of "loose tablets", meaning that they disintegrate rapidly into micronised fine particles of charcoal in the intestines, providing a large surface area coverage and high absorptive capacity. The charcoal particles will seek to bind toxic substances in the intestines to prevent them from entering blood circulation. These bound substances will be directed to re-enter the intestinal tract through the processes of diffusion and active secretion in bile. They will then be driven out of the body or excreted along with the stools.

Charcoal tablets are also safe for consumption as they are a physiological product (not absorbed into the body) and they present no side-effects. They also do more than eliminate toxin. Charcoal is found to reduce pain and inflammation, the common characteristics of flatulence, diarrhoea and even food poisoning.
Old 02-04-11   #37 (permalink)

cant say i have the problem personally....just one of those interesting facts o happen to know
Old 02-04-11   #38 (permalink)

Aye Mr Bullman thats why NBC gas masks in the army are lined with charcoal filters .
Old 02-04-11   #39 (permalink)
Senior Member, Raffle sponsor 2010

Cheers Steve it seems to have stopped now but I better get some in just incase
Old 02-04-11   #40 (permalink)

you'll need to ask at the pharmacy...they dont usually have it in the aisles