Health&performance

Yeti

Heyloo guys and gals.Well just thought I'd get a little thread going regarding help and avice for anybody wanting any help or tips on improving there physical output for there job,or any practical advice for aches pains and pulls.

Being on the amateur strongman circuit,and being involved in powerlifting for past 6 year. If it's one thing I have learnt to do is lift stupidly heavy things safely.Without a shadow of a doubt my hobby certainly carries over into my chosen profession,and has helped me stay injury free and supple.

I am by know means a trained medical proffesional,just a guy in the field with some good hands on knowledge of nutrition and athletic performance.

So if I can help anybody don't hesitate to drop me a P.M or ask away in this thread

Ben

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a persistant neck complaint which i regularly see a sports massage for. tried osteopaths, physios, the massage and diazepam is by far the best remedy though and providing i keep up with the massages every 3 weeks or so i stay pretty much work fit.

no ones pin pointed the problem though, but it seems to be mainly based on my muscles being over developed on side due to years of unergonomic saw use and climbing. ive recently been advised it might be an idea to see an accupunturist...any experience with these?

Sounds like a muscle imbalance.or possible fatiuge from overuse.

I had acupuncture for re hab from torn ligaments in my knee.I went for two weeks and it really seemed to dull the constant ache,seemed to aid in deliery of fresh blood to the area and help deliver the nutrients needed for repair.

If you don't already I'd suggest ice packs on the side consisting of the pain leave them on twice a day for ten mins a time.Really helps fight any inflammation in the area.

Also try picking up a bottle of serrapeptase,hollands and barrets or any health store should stock it.It eats and breaks down scar tissue in the body it's extracted from silk worms.Asia and Germany actually prescribe it,it is a very very effective replacement for anti inflammatory meds,which overtime can play havoc on your stomach.

Heyloo guys and gals.Well just thought I'd get a little thread going regarding help and avice for anybody wanting any help or tips on improving there physical output for there job,or any practical advice for aches pains and pulls.

Being on the amateur strongman circuit,and being involved in powerlifting for past 6 year. If it's one thing I have learnt to do is lift stupidly heavy things safely.Without a shadow of a doubt my hobby certainly carries over into my chosen profession,and has helped me stay injury free and supple.

I am by know means a trained medical proffesional,just a guy in the field with some good hands on knowledge of nutrition and athletic performance.

So if I can help anybody don't hesitate to drop me a P.M or ask away in this thread

Ben

Decent of you to offer your advice, but i feel you can forget your chosen profession, all your time is going to be taken up answering questions on health. Every tree surgeon/worker i know over 40 is full of aches &pains/arthritus. But before you are inundated with questions , heres mine: for the last 3 months i find it painful to twist my neck & have a very sharp pain in my left bicep ,very painful when holding a branch while cutting it.

Haha I hear you there man.

Has the bicep any loss of strength?

Or any change in shape?

If not then least we can rule out a tear.

Try icing the area that's most painful on bicep work up to three times a day ten mins a pop.Also dig your index finger into the bicep and feel if there are any trigger points that create a sharp pain.If you find any hold it with pressure of the index on the sore point and hold it for sixty seconds a time do that twice for each pressure point.

Sounds like a muscle imbalance.or possible fatiuge from overuse.

I had acupuncture for re hab from torn ligaments in my knee.I went for two weeks and it really seemed to dull the constant ache,seemed to aid in deliery of fresh blood to the area and help deliver the nutrients needed for repair.

If you don't already I'd suggest ice packs on the side consisting of the pain leave them on twice a day for ten mins a time.Really helps fight any inflammation in the area.

Also try picking up a bottle of serrapeptase,hollands and barrets or any health store should stock it.It eats and breaks down scar tissue in the body it's extracted from silk worms.Asia and Germany actually prescribe it,it is a very very effective replacement for anti inflammatory meds,which overtime can play havoc on your stomach.

I have physio usually twice a week on forearms, thumb muscles and back - this is apparently due to build up of scar tissue and muscles getting tight. I've just been reading some info on this serrapeptase and I'm going to give it a go!

Cheers for the info! :thumbup1:

Rob get a wood miser and a hiab and throw away your Alaskan sawmill:biggrin:, you weigh about 8 stone mate you are not designed to wrestle huge logs and massive saws hunched over for hours squeezing triggers.:sneaky2::laugh1:

Hi Yeti, i would love someone to sort me out a good diet, i eat well but either stuff myself or don't get enough out of certain foods, i am the usual tree climber build, 12 stone, 6 foot and eat more than any fat guy i have ever met, can't put on weight and building muscle isn't easy, i also have 2 kids and a wife and run a business so spending my life revolved around gym work and 3 sit down meals a day isn't happening, i have tried mate.

My day goes like this, breakfast alpin or porridge with blueberries, honey, greek yoghurt with milk, 9.30am 2 poached eggs on brown toast, for lunch 2 rolls, 1 tuna 1 chicken(only a couple of tuna due to the zinc) i dont usually have much between 1 ish and dinner(6pm) this is where i struggle to find something i am interested in or want to eat or fit a time to do so. will have a sandwich when i get home or find something to snack on. Dinner is usually pasta or something healthy the wife makes me, then there will be 3 bits of toast and peppermint tea for supper, then i usually wake up at night starving lol.

I need something that gives off loads of slow release energy and tastes like a cheeseburger with tomato sauce:thumbup: