Tennis elbow

cerneARB

Hi Pepole,

happy new year to all btw.:001_smile:

Anyone had tennis elbow in their career and how did you deal with it?

I have been off work with it for a month now.Had painkillers off the doctor,rested it,strapped it up and had a cortzone injection 3 weeks ago and due another next thursday and its still stopping me from working:thumbdown:, its still causing me imense pain and lack of full movement.

Any experinces with the same condtion and how you got over it?

Cerne.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah- got so bad that my hand wouldnt work after a while, forcing nearly a year off work. Get down to a good physiotherapist who will treat it with ultrasound or laser and get a proper sports support off the physio or direct Elbow Support - Vulkan Tennis Elbow Support and rest up properly, or you wil have a long long time off work and permanent injury (my arm will never be right again). The physio will give you some remedial excercises too.

Hope this helps.

Cheers Tommer...sound advice..thanks mate.

What did you do for money in that year if you could not work?

Ran up a lot of debt:laugh1:

No, seriously, i did run up a lot of debt, but i changed the way i worked. I took on employees and did more sawmilling and just tightened up the bellt a couple of notches. I had had a very good run which actually caused the tennis elbow the preceding couple of years, so had a good bit to fall back on. That is now all gone and more besides, a couple of years down the line. That is why i say take time off now before it is too late.:001_smile:

I had it for over 2 years, I don't think I was as bad as some of you guy.

I used one of those neoprene sleeve support things and took ibuprofen and just carried on.

It drove me crazy, thought I would end up changing career, then it just went.

I have never found resting works for me, I prefer to just keep going, I do the same with my back, if it goes I put on a weight lifting belt (so tight I can only just breath) take pills and keep going.