Level 4 Arboriculure at Merrist wood opinions?

OakStag

Hey guys!

I have currently applied to study the level 4 certificate and award at merrist wood with every intentione of then completeing the diploma. I am just inquiring as to whether anyone else here has studied the level 4 or at merrist wood and what there opinions are on the college and teaching.

The reason im not pursuing tree life is because merrist wood is considerabley cheaper, spaces it out for a longer period of time and also has a whole day session every week at the college.

Thank you!

Hey guys!

I have currently applied to study the level 4 certificate and award at merrist wood with every intentione of then completeing the diploma. I am just inquiring as to whether anyone else here has studied the level 4 or at merrist wood and what there opinions are on the college and teaching.

The reason im not pursuing tree life is because merrist wood is considerabley cheaper, spaces it out for a longer period of time and also has a whole day session every week at the college.

Thank you!

Check what their pass rate is over the last few years. I'm not sure about MW but I know of other academic centres who struggle to get students though these ABC qualifications as they don't deliver them properly.

I did my L6 dip with Treelife and they are worth the extra cost in my opinion. There is no point in taking the cheap option if you don't get the qualification at the end.

Hi All, this is my first post. I've also enrolled at Merrist Wood OakStag, for this September. I know little about the course other than what's in the prospectus; does anyone from last year have anything to say about the course-workload etc? Would anyone have a relevant reading list so i can start adding to the library in preperation?

Thanks in advance.

I did the L4 with mw a few years ago. Back then had a great range of tutors, Jack Kenyon, Lisa Sanderson and Andy Pinder. It's only Andy left now though and I don't know who's replaced the others.

Back then, it was one year for the whole course. About half completed the dip in that time. Unsure how many others completed it over the next few years.

Quality of teaching was great from all.

Roast of the day was always good value too.

Hi All, this is my first post. I've also enrolled at Merrist Wood OakStag, for this September. I know little about the course other than what's in the prospectus; does anyone from last year have anything to say about the course-workload etc? Would anyone have a relevant reading list so i can start adding to the library in preperation?

Thanks in advance.

They have a well stocked library with all the reading list books in there. You will also get a login for the British Standards so you can download copies so long as you promise to delete them once you finish the course