Greenmech issues. Advice welcome

Dr.Green

So , after owning a 150 for almost 2 years now it's now developing faults. Firstly within the first year , corrosion issues , in places that clearly shouldn't have this happen. then other faults including failed stress box (2 weeks downtime during high winds / lose of work) and now flywheel bearings gone

Machine 200hrs , never abused as I keep all firewood/ timber size stuff

Recently sent an email inc pictures regarding corrosion , as I'm just within my warranty, no reply , thou I have been in touch a few times . To be honest I've beginning to lose faith in a machine that I hoped would serve me very well and not look like a dog in 5years.

The main issue is I've been in the motor trade for 20years and still have a part in a body shop so I can clearly see a major flaw in undercoating processes in the factory

Before I take it further (to the top ), I'd like anybody's comments on there machines and coatings. And before anybody says 'should have bought a TW,Forst etc, I'd be doing the same if the same happend :)

Thanks in advance folks

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had a reply from GM a feed weeks back putting me in touch with somebody , thou after sending info I've had no reply. He could be on his jolly holidays . I also got in touch with Pete thou info may like you say be lost. It's Easy to put faith into online communication when I should use the good old telephone more often , keeping it oldskool.

There's no harm in posting for comments , if a product has faults then I'm not one to just let it go. When I dropped my machine of for more repairs they were very apologetic again , which was good, I was showen hire machines the same age in a right state (thou I understand folk mistreat those). Clearly something not right in the factory

1 month left on 24month warranty , new machines now come with 48 I believe.

Stay cool. Peace . DrGreen

Edited by Dr.Green

My GM 150 is also looking a bit rough for a machine less than 2 years old. Paint seems to bubble up then peel off in flakes. Pete said he would come and have a look at some point so will have to see what can be done if anything. No help from Orange plant who i bought it from.

I can't believe it's done fly wheel bearings at 200 hours ! Is that under warranty as well? Are you chipping loads of bailing twine and Sheeps wool covered branches ? Not taking the piss but I know around us it's something you have to watch out for and will kill bearings.

^^^ No hillbilly chipping mate ;). Back bearing rumbling. It's coverd I believe. I should hope so. Have a replacement machine so can keep going until Friday. Then I'm out of the U.K. On a beach , no trees , no customers. Heaven

Gm seems to be a good looking machine...but like everyone says the paint work is very cheap.:thumbdown:

In south portugal,kept off the rain/sun after 14 month my cs100 is like that.

paint bubbling off.unlike in UK GM is very bad after sale service in here.

even blades need to be send to england for sharpening