Vitriolic rant on Treebay

David Cropper

I have just seen what can only be described as a poisonous rant on Treebay. Some poor sod asked a perfectly reasonable question about members identifying a tree. He is very polite and explains that he isn't a tree surgeon, just wants someone to tell him. The horrible replies he got back beggars belief. One scrote goes on to tell him to get off the site as it's not for him. He then rants on in several replies that he will pay the questioner's wife a visit, do things to his dead mother and finally lets him know that he has researched where this lad lives and mentions "Shame about your son." What sort of bloke is this? I can't stop thinking about all this, I find it too disturbing for a bloke to ask an innocent question then receive what can only be blatant threats to his family, surely there must be some recourse in law? I know what I would do if someone threatened my family, it would include sharp objects and testicles. If I thought he was too hard (which I seriously doubt in most bullies' cases) or as mad as a hatter, which is a possibility, then a mob handed approach would do the job. I just hope that someone looking on the site for info or for a tree surgeon sees this clown's rant and word gets around and he never works again. Most lads who replied gave sensible answers and quite a few were disgusted at what had been said. Banter is fine, as is the norm on this site, but what has gone on on Treebay just stuns me. And before someone thinks that I am a sensitive soul, which I ain't, and should live in the real world, which I do, this should not happen to anyone.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So glad thus site is moderated and generally good natured, yes we jest and occasionally prod for a reaction but what you just described is exactly why I stay off treebay, Facebook etc where it's almost a free free-for-all.

I'm with you on your approach to what'd happen if it was my family he was talking about and threatening 💥

So glad thus site is moderated and generally good natured, yes we jest and occasionally prod for a reaction but what you just described is exactly why I stay off treebay, Facebook etc where it's almost a free free-for-all.

I'm with you on your approach to what'd happen if it was my family he was talking about and threatening 💥

My wife saw how upset I was and said the same as you to not bother with Treebay ,I am still seething.

I agree about this site entirely, if anyone gets out of hand then the Mods rein them in as how it should be. Life's too bleeding short for this sort of crap.

My wife saw how upset I was and said the same as you to not bother with Treebay ,I am still seething.

I agree about this site entirely, if anyone gets out of hand then the Mods rein them in as how it should be. Life's too bleeding short for this sort of crap.

There are a lot of people on Treebay who are there just to be abusive and don't seem to have got much beyond the playground. I tend to only watch out for stuff to buy and not get involved otherwise. The Arbtalk page on there run by John Hancock is much better as he doesn't put up with it. :thumbup1:

I saw that rant. It's discussing and really gives people a bad impression of our industry.

Yeah a laugh with the lads is one thing and take the mic a little, but that was just abuse for no good reason and it makes you wonder what drives people to be like that.

I use tree-bay to see if anything good comes up for sale but seeing that today has put me right off of it.