Echo Multi vs Stihl Kombi

dave28

Hi All, looking to replace a seized Stihl 130 kombi and am considering the Echo 265 as I've had a fair share of problems with the Stihl the main one being problems with the drive shafts not meshing when connecting the two units and extension shaft.

The Stihl is about 35cc and the Echo only 25cc so wondering if if will be powerful enough.

Will be running chainsaw pruner and hedge trimmer for hard trimming around farm and woodland rides.

Interested to know if any one uses the Echo for hard use and how well it does.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Got an 'Echo' at work very similar to the one your looking at which is used as a pole pruner and strimmer, not a bad little tool for what it is but if your intending on giving it a hard time then I'd be very careful as it's not the most robust of machines !...

This:

HUSQVARNA 525LK Combi-Split shaft strimmer-hedgecutter

Only 25cc but hasn't ever felt like it's down on power. My dealer said shafts are lifetime warranty, although they can be a bit fiddly to get the shaftsto fit together.

Echo are also good, tend to be robust but heavier and less ergoonmic, I really didn't like the handle configuration of the Echo telescopic polesaw.