Wholesale bulk firewood ideas

Big J

Hi all,

Another (hopefully not, but probably) daft business idea to run past you fellers (pun intended).

Looking at things to fill time and make money, much like everyone, and don't object too much to the idea of wholesale softwood firewood. We've got all the kit required to do a firewood properly but for the processor.

I've done the sums for production costs, and the question is, would there by much demand for artic loads of 1m cubed ventilated bags of unseasoned softwood at £33 a bag loaded to a lorry?

Not really interested in doing hardwood.

Opinions, positive or negative would be much appreciated!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Near Edinburgh sadly! I would think that I'd be able to get 48 bags to an artic, or thereabouts.

Just trying to gauge demand. I hate dealing with the public, and my sawmilling business is now angled towards larger sales, less frequently. I'd do the same on firewood....

We priced shipping south few years ago and was going to work out around £800 a load think it was to Kent, back loads obviously cheaper.

I got a quote for sawn timber to Gloucestershire the other day for £700 a load, which I thought was excellent.

Near Edinburgh sadly! I would think that I'd be able to get 48 bags to an artic, or thereabouts.

Just trying to gauge demand. I hate dealing with the public, and my sawmilling business is now angled towards larger sales, less frequently. I'd do the same on firewood....

Put it in crates you can double them up we have had a lot go out cubic stacked crate £95 ON big order or 11o each on 5 loose you get 1.5 cube all high grade

That softwood i mixed with your ash last winter went down a treat. Id love another lorry load haha

Whats the matter with geo edwards timber then its cheep its been down a while seems on here people shout they want cord they get the offer and don't follow through or haven't got the muller. Geoff has ash at 40 rs why did you not take him up :sneaky2:

I KNOW IT WAS THERE HAS I HAD 8 LOADS AT 37