Some bits and pieces from last few months

MattyF

Cheers pete.

The zip line consisted of a 16 mm double braid rope on to a hobbs type device for tensioning as a main line the pulley is a large ISC swing cheek going on to a medium rigging plate with an old hank of 13mm line for retrieves and braking that can run through a porta wrap if needed this is secured to the back of the rigging plate and through a dmm block.

It was quite handy on that job as you could line up three -four limbs with slings on the rigging plate and send them all down once the last one was cut off releasing them all unfortunately the footage was unusable from knocking the camera well out!

I'd try and not put any TIP on the limb used as an anchor for the speed line for sure,Unless it was small....in all honesty though I've never lost a line anchor definitely back them up if it needs to be high with few half hitches and run the line down until you can tie it off on suitable substantial timber.

I'd try and not put any TIP on the limb used as an anchor for the speed line for sure,Unless it was small....in all honesty though I've never lost a line anchor definitely back them up if it needs to be high with few half hitches and run the line down until you can tie it off on suitable substantial timber.

ok, thanks

Really nice stuff Matty.

Whenever I've set up a haulback on a speedline it's normally ended in a tangled clusterfeck and resulted in lots of swearing!

Lots of crabs and slings for me, which to be fair suit the smaller stuff I do better.

Loved the conny top.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk