Stihl MS200T schematic

wicklamulla

anyone got a parts list etc ? I took my chain brake handle/side casing apart to clean out the crud as the 'action' was a bit lazy and bits popped out everywhere:blushing: Thanks very much, Ken.

Try this: -

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=ms200t%20ipl&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCgQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fbricomeca.free.fr%2FStihl%2Fstihl%2520MS200T%2520IPL.pdf&ei=2tA1U-7LM6jt0gXRrIC4BQ&usg=AFQjCNEjt0p5_mbVYhn6qeV4c-b-9QNLOw&sig2=b9LCp5YmnZKrYRyVxzsYbw&bvm=bv.63808443,d.d2k

Let me know if you get stuck and I will help out - easy enough job:thumbup:

Common parts that break if the mechanism isn't kept clean :thumbdown:

ya i guessed that was the case, tbh with yew i have never cleaned the brake band mechanism in the 4.5 years i have owned this saw......so lesson learnt:001_rolleyes: I do keep the air filter and oiler areas really clean though. Amazingly the chain brake still worked/engaged despite these broken parts, lucky for me they were cheap to buy this morning.

PS. Spud, do i reassemble the chain brake assembly 'dry' or shud i be greasing the moving parts ?

ya i guessed that was the case, tbh with yew i have never cleaned the brake band mechanism in the 4.5 years i have owned this saw......so lesson learnt:001_rolleyes: I do keep the air filter and oiler areas really clean though. Amazingly the chain brake still worked/engaged despite these broken parts, lucky for me they were cheap to buy this morning.

PS. Spud, do i reassemble the chain brake assembly 'dry' or shud i be greasing the moving parts ?

A little grease on the pivot points will suffice:thumbup:

Got two to put back together myself.. Walked away from them twice already.

I'd rather do stihl chainbrakes than husky, in fact stihl are pleasurable to do in contrast to the wrestle with a husky spring!

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

I'd rather do stihl chainbrakes than husky, in fact stihl are pleasurable to do in contrast to the wrestle with a husky spring!

ya they can be a bit tricky as i have had that experience several times with my 346xp and 357xp, despite keeping the side casing/brake band mechanism clean and crud free the bands still fail from time to time.

Thanks folks.

I know exactly what you mean, the Stihl ones take 5-10 mins now and that includes a little fix to make sure the inner cover fits the outer cover VERY snugly to stop the brake handle flopping around - anyone who has had me refurb their saw can check this:thumbup::lol:

Cleaning the thing out gives it back the nice crisp crack as it works as it should:thumbup: