New Comer

Hello everyone

I'm 19 and for the past couple months have been looking into tree surgery and other aspects of Arboriculture. The more I look into it the more I feel like its the job for me.

I'm from the north dorset area and have been looking at Kingston Maurward College and the different courses I'd have to take as I don't have any qualifications that are needed, but saying that I have a little bit of experience with a chainsaw just logging up fire wood.

I'm wondering if any companies would help out with the cost of the training or whether they want to take an apprentice? I don't mind doing a bit of manual labour for a few days, just to get a feel for it aswell.

I'd preferably work in the dorset, south somerset area.

Finally, is there any advice you'd give to someone that's looking to get into the business (any advice at all is appreciated)

Tom