Clothing identification please

tigger24

Hi im new here and would like to ask you good people for some help.

Im am looking to buy a chainsaw coat and trousers that a friend has but it doesnt have a brand label anywhere. It just has 'John Venables' tag inside with the size label.

I have googled them and cant find a thing.:confused1:

Would like help asap as to class and make

many thanks

4940620_b_345c19c05f3f5930.jpg.392ea8cb9a20feaed36b1352da50768e.jpg

4940620_b_8963bbac6fdc463e.jpg.39e1061413c7218e37b0dd0265738869.jpg

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi im new here and would like to ask you good people for some help.

Im am looking to buy a chainsaw coat and trousers that a friend has but it doesnt have a brand label anywhere. It just has 'John Venables' tag inside with the size label.

I have googled them and cant find a thing.:confused1:

Would like help asap as to class and make

many thanks

A John Venables had a chainsaw shop in Ewhurst for a while, about 30 years ago. If he rebadged the clothes then Penny Allanson-Bailey at Richmonds may know the origin.

I wouldn't worry about getting a chainsaw jacket/coat, I have yet to see anyone ever wear one for work! I think the risk of overheating & exhaustion far outweighs the benefits for most work situations.

Hi jrose, i was just a bit worried as heard that the chain has a high risk of breaking and would rather have heat exhaustion than be left with one arm :confused1:

do you not wear a coat or anything when your using your chainsaw?

Make sure the chain catcher is intact on the saw and don't bother with PPE jackets or gloves!

Thank you morten, its a brand new husky so it should be intact, but will make sure. :thumbup1:

cant believe that i little thing like that can protect you from the aggressive chain though :blushing: sorry for my ignorance but i am female and a new comer to this chainsawing business