What bandsaw saw would you go for ?

w6cloggs

I do about 3/400 ton of firewood each year, out of this I have been milling the sycamore this is used for clogs soles.I also take any good oak and ash out for milling.

Most of this is milled either with the Racksaw or Chainsaw mill.I would like to have a better set up.

Now would I be better setting up an old bandsaw running a 4 inch band or a more modern bandsaw on a narrow band ?

It seems like I could do either for similar cost but which option would be best ? I don't have mains 3 phase but do have a 25 kva 3 phase gen set so I could run electric or petrol/diesel.

What do others who have been in this situation think ?

cheers Neil

I think difflock will be along soon to give a very in depth reply to this. I'm sure he'll give you a clear and concise answer, trouble is by tomorrow he'll give you a completely different one as he'll of changed his mind.😁

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Arbtalk mobile app

Ouch:001_rolleyes::001_tt2:

You called:lol:

As mentioned before being a "Prefectionist" is not always for the best.:lol:

Marcus

PS

I am still looking for the perfect car, the performance of a Porsche, the space of a Transit, the running costs of a Fabia, and invisible to Gatso's:thumbup:

Any suggestions.

The budget is not set in stone but in the region of 5/7 k

have you looked at the lumbermate? love ours, don't think they make the same one anymore we have the 2000 but the new ones are probably even better, I think it is in your price range with some options.

Edited by Rune

The budget is not set in stone but in the region of 5/7 k

I'd go for the Timberking 1220. Supposedly the best mill in the manual class. I'd avoid a Lumbermate (personally) - I didn't get on with it at all (very flimsy construction).

Jonathan