Cant melt my bee line

mikepage

Anyone out there use a bee line to tie their climbing hitch. well I use one and I'll tell ya, I just can't seem to destroy the thing. when doing crane jobs we will usually have one guy cutting and one guy just rides the crane and sets the straps. after setting the straps the object is to get out of the tree fast so the other guy can make his cuts. I've made dozens of full throttle rapells on this rope and it still looks pretty darn good. so good I'm wondering how much abuse it could actually take. has anyone ever burned thru one? are there better rope out there?

Anyone out there use a bee line to tie their climbing hitch. well I use one and I'll tell ya, I just can't seem to destroy the thing. when doing crane jobs we will usually have one guy cutting and one guy just rides the crane and sets the straps. after setting the straps the object is to get out of the tree fast so the other guy can make his cuts. I've made dozens of full throttle rapells on this rope and it still looks pretty darn good. so good I'm wondering how much abuse it could actually take. has anyone ever burned thru one? are there better rope out there?

Hate Bee-line, and be wary it does not melt it goes brittle, but doubt you'd ever come to a free fall.

What you describe above is insane:lol: why not have one person set the chains and do the cutting? Or do you guys never climb out on limbs?

It is much faster in the size trees we are in. one guy stays close to the stem and just makes cuts while the other sets straps, gets out of the tree, and then after the limb has reached the landing zone and been untied I'll ride the crane back and set more straps.

It is much faster in the size trees we are in. one guy stays close to the stem and just makes cuts while the other sets straps, gets out of the tree, and then after the limb has reached the landing zone and been untied I'll ride the crane back and set more straps.

You'd still be expected to move out to the next limb by the time the piece is going to the floor and the hook coming back, then surely to get into the cut position will take less time than it would you to reach the floor.

I cant help but feel your trolling us with the sheer size of your trees, but hey whatever we all undertake our work in different ways depending on what is expected of us commercially.

You'd still be expected to move out to the next limb by the time the piece is going to the floor and the hook coming back, then surely to get into the cut position will take less time than it would you to reach the floor.

I cant help but feel your trolling us with the sheer size of your trees, but hey whatever we all undertake our work in different ways depending on what is expected of us commercially.

their not all big, I climb my share of bradford pears that plague our neighborhoods, and we don't always have two climbers in the tree, just when it calls for it. I'm just saying that when the tree is big, it's easier and faster to have 2 guys in the tree, one cutting and one setting straps. plus it's fun. riding the crane and rapelling for a few hours.