Well Thats Another Year of College Done

liamjordan

Thats right today was my last day of college :thumbup:

Just finished a Subsidary Diploma (think thats what it was) in Agricultural Engineering, just did it to expand on the National Diploma Forestry and Arb i did for the last two years.

And in August will be off to Barony to do a National Certificate Forestry Engineering :thumbup:

Cant wait!

Congrats Liam.

Oh the free and easy life of a student eh!

cheers man! ahah yeah student life is fun, but never have any money... i'll get back to you about those bars when my next google check comes through? that cool? cheers rob

You poor naive fool :001_tt2:

ahaha well it'll be a change to holme lacy... better tho? well i'll find out in august :001_smile: i suppose if theres some sort of timetable and organisation that will be a step up :001_smile:

well done!

what sort of thing is covered in a forestry engingering course? is it mechanics of forestry specific equipment?

its the maintainance and repair side of things, seems very much the same as the ag one i just did, but forestry machine related :thumbup:

when i went up for my interview they had a few "projects" going on in the workshop, stripping down and welding up some old harvester head, along with putting a roofmount back on a massey tractor :thumbup1:

after doing my ND forestry, i did the ag course mainly to learn how to keep all our old kit going, then after doing the course for abit i realised how much i actually enjoy the engineering side of things, so i though i may aswell try and combine the two fields of work i live for! :thumbup:

Honestly don't go there expecting any sort of organisation! I still haven't been given a start time for my course yet :001_rolleyes:

ahaha mate i bet it will be better than my college... most of the time last year we had to wonder around in the morn untill we bumped into our tutor, then decide which room to go to, latley our timetable has been somthing like, arrive, fag break, canteen, fag break, IT room, fag break and so on

ahaha mate i bet it will be better than my college... most of the time last year we had to wonder around in the morn untill we bumped into our tutor, then decide which room to go to, latley our timetable has been somthing like, arrive, fag break, canteen, fag break, IT room, fag break and so on

Haha, yeah, sounds about right. You'll have the infamous "Fozzy, King of the forwarders" for some things though. Legend :thumbup: