PA1 & PA6 Pesticides advice please

blue beastie

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PA1 is not that taxing really, especially if your doing the muliple choice computer based one.

PA6 take your time on the mixing and point out and hazards your looking for such as drains, etc, for example you shouldnt fill your sprayer out of a tap with a drain under it which most have!

the biggest thing is making sure that your calculations are correct so double check everything such as your measurements of liquids etc, as you can only have something like 10% either left over or run out something like 10% before the end of the measured run. so practise you constant speed walking and pumping at a constant rate,

your assessor shouldnt be to hard on you, and if you do get it wrong its not nessisarily a fail as long as you can explain where you went wrong,

Good luck

What Charlie said is right. Don't rush, and if you realise you've made a mistake in the assessment, it's best to come clean and have an idea of how you can get back on track. Chances are that the assessor will have spotted it anyway. There shouldn't be any traps or trick questions; most PA assessors I've met want their candidates to pass.

Hope it goes well. :thumbup1:

Read the label, then read the label again. Most people trip up because they have not read the label properly. Particularly with ppe for mixing, and ppe for application, which often have slightly different requirements. And remember even if you get something wrong, a good examiner will try to drag the correct answer out of you.

Good luck

As everyone else says really. These people are only human and as was said already they don't want you to fail. guy i worked with failed by choosing to use cotton lined gloves!! Only one i know of. He even managed to pass pa2 after putting 10x too much chemical in and telling the assessor the error!! All i would say is read the label and make sure that you use the right amount of chemical. All the spraying questions are on the label so all you need to remember us the H and S side of things. Best of luck:thumbup:.

Ta very much all - you make it sound so easy....

Have had a good read over the course material again today, and just as well too - SO much that i'd forgotten! Not sure how much of it is actually testable if you see what I mean, but guess it's all applicable to the work situation later on so best to know.

I've been spraying water all over the layby up the road all day, timing and counting and measuring, TBH I don't think I can do much else to be ready.

Will let you know how it goes....