Level 3 Technician’s Certificate in Arboriculture TUITION

woody2

Hi from a newbie to this forum. I'm looking for help. Through self study I have been trying to obtain the Level 3 Technician’s Certificate in Arboriculture (abc awards). The good news is I've passed six of the eight units. The remaining two I've had a difficulty with:

Unit 4 Tree condition

Unit 5 The management of trees in the environment

As I have been teaching myself and have failed on these two units I have decided to see if I can find someone who might be able to give me, one-on-one tuition that will give me a clearer idea of what it is there looking for, and where I'm going wrong (apart from not being the sharpest saw in the toolshed!)

Obviously I would expect to pay the going rate for this service. I live near Cambridge, so idealy it would be someone nearby, but I guess I could get the help I need over the phone and by email.

So if any of you guys feel qualified to help me or know someone to point me in the direction of, I would be grateful.

Kind regards,

Colin.

Cheers for the helpful comments guys.

I did a course one day a week at Derby College (that I can recommend) for the Level 2 Arb Theory. As I am now doing the Tech Cert in my own time and at my own expense I decided to build on the Level 2 learning I had been given, by working on the Learning Outcomes & Knowledge Requirements listed in the ABC Qualification Content document.

I did look at online course from Myerscough and have also looked (and may look again) at what Treelife offer. As I'm paying for it myself I thought I would try and do it without forking out too much cash. However as I've got stuck on the two units mentioned I'm now willing to spend some, to give me that bit of help that will get me a pass. I did read bs5837 but I need help in interpret ting it for the field exercise. As I said, if anyone is (or knows of someone else) able and willing to provide me with private tutoring please message me. All other constructive comments welcomed!

Colin.

Hi Kev,

Cheers for the ideas. A few people have suggested Treelife. I really must look closer at what they have to offer. If you mean Barchams at Ely that really would be an opportunity for me. Truth is I've been blown away by the help I've got here. In 24hrs I've gone from being downtrodden & defeatest to upbeat & up for it! I like Arbtalk. Anyone know where I can download the theme for Rocky?