Lvl 6 Diploma w/ Tree Life - Barcham (2017)

Kveldssanger

Morning all,

Heads up that me and another user from this forum (he can make himself known if he so desires) will be doing the Lvl 6 Diploma with Tree Life at Barcham (Ely) this September (2017). If anyone else is looking to do it, join us for this coming year's intake there. Would be good to get a work group going and to know people in advance! If anyone is doing it with Tree Life at Westonbirt or Syston then also please do say so, and we can always share resources and whatnot.

:thumbup:

Tree Life page link (click)

Edited by Kveldssanger

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Next year will be my final year to get it finished.

I have attended Syston to do it.

I have found it quite tough, mainly due to my own comitments but it is a great learning curve.

There are lots of useful books which you will be shown and Dave and Andy and others are very knowlegable.

Your tutor will be your main source of help, they are the ones you have to convince you know what your talking about.

Overall an excellent qualification to do, you will make substantial gains in knowledge and confidence of certain subjects whatever your level.

There is a few people on here who can help with any queries however, you will find that a lots of the answers require your own justifications, which isnt always straight forward but it does ensure you having a proper understanding of the subject before you can answer the question.

Be warned its a lot of work!

Im sure you will be fine.

Gook luck.

MM

Next year will be my final year to get it finished.

I have attended Syston to do it.

I have found it quite tough, mainly due to my own comitments but it is a great learning curve.

There are lots of useful books which you will be shown and Dave and Andy and others are very knowlegable.

Your tutor will be your main source of help, they are the ones you have to convince you know what your talking about.

Overall an excellent qualification to do, you will make substantial gains in knowledge and confidence of certain subjects whatever your level.

There is a few people on here who can help with any queries however, you will find that a lots of the answers require your own justifications, which isnt always straight forward but it does ensure you having a proper understanding of the subject before you can answer the question.

Be warned its a lot of work!

Im sure you will be fine.

Gook luck.

MM

Wouldn't you be better off of arbtalk and getting on with your own coursework?:001_tt2::001_tt2::biggrin:

Good luck Chris, it's actually even worse than everyone says. But you're used to writing, have a v. good library and I know you'll be committed, so you'll do fine.

I've got an extra year to complete, the big C does have some benefits:biggrin:

Peculiar, as I have been told it's easier than the level 4 with regards to the workload and such! Regardless, I know the beast and shall tame it well and truly.

I have started drafting up some of the plant health stuff on fungi (great fun - seriously! :D). Pays to pre-plan this sort of stuff, so when the course kicks off I am well underway with learning and can properly enjoy it!

Hi

I'm my last year at Syston, and I have to agree with mm, it's a big work load.

Who ever told you that the L4 is more of a work load is lying!. 2-3hrs most nights.

The advantage you is that the L4 counts for 1 module...still working on my plant portfolio :(((

Good luck

Tree

Edited by tree79

I'm keen to make a start on the level 6 next year. I did the Tech Cert a few years back and as such I haven't done the plant portfolio. Would it be beneficial to make a start on this and do it in my own time while waiting for the next uptake? If so what's the general layout and what sort of things do they ask for in it?