NPTC Refresher Certificates

Backpain

Can anyone recommend a training provider who does NPTC refresher certificates for tickets that are more than 3 years old. Need someone local to the midlands or is willing to travel. Need chipper, chainsaw and aerial rescue doing.

Thanks

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Can anyone recommend a training provider who does NPTC refresher certificates for tickets that are more than 3 years old. Need someone local to the midlands or is willing to travel. Need chipper, chainsaw and aerial rescue doing.

Thanks

Stand to be corrected but I don't think NPTC do refresher certificates 'per se'...one can re-qualify, i.e. be assessed again, but didn't think they offered structured refresher courses (unlike the other land-based training organisation.)

Don't forget to look for opportunities to 'up-skill' where possible / relevant, e.g. CS31 (as was) to CS32 to CS34 etc. i.e. felling bigger stuff n then onto wind-blow...all good stuff.

Cheers..

Paul

• 3 weeks later...

The trouble with this 5 year re- training program is that it forces Arb workers who are working on the front line of the job to go for unnecessary training at great expense & time ?? I might add once this 5year idea was put out all the h&s people in other companies have jumped on this & are forcing workers & contractors to jump threw this hoop ...,

Yeah they're just justifying their jobs imho.

I think it would be better to reassess newly 'qualified' operatives after 3 months to make sure they were safe & understood everything in practice.

I'm all for personal development, so in that way it's a good thing...

I think if you're continued your training and done a higher ticket say large trees or cs50 within the last few years and are continually working within the industry you should be covered without being refreshed by someone who probably won't understand your system of work as it's far more complex than what could ever be taught on a conventional course

Trainer I spoke to about doing some rescue and rigging refreshes wanted us back on prussic loops, no macanical climbing aids and definitely not using our x rings and rigging bollards as they were not fermillior with them so was decided it was a total wast of time and money as I'd be teaching them!?!