Selling kit with no serial number

njc110381

Hi guys. I've got a bit of an issue that's just crossed my mind, and I wouldn't mind your thoughts.

I've got a chipper here that I'm selling. It's an Entec Trukloder, like the TW18/100g. The problem is a few years ago I started stripping it down ready to respray in company colours, and in doing so I removed the serial number plate from the top of the flywheel housing. I got sidetracked and never did respray it, but now I can't find the bloody plate!

It's an old machine that I bought used around ten years ago. I could probably dig out my purchase receipt for it but I'm worried that it will still put people off.

So I suppose my question is, if you were looking to buy it what reassurance would you accept that it's not a dodgy machine? I appreciate I've slipped up a bit here!:001_rolleyes:

There's no plate on the draw bar. Never was I don't think?

When you say inside the chute do you mean the discharge chute? Or the feed hopper? I've had both of those parts off a number of times but have never noticed a number, not that I've been looking that hard. I'll have a closer look because I'd love to find it! It's probably hidden under the sticky crud that coats everything in there!

The only plate I know about is the big plate on the top of the flywheel housing that I took off so I could paint it properly. If I remember right it had the manufacture date and serial number on it.

Hi guys. I've got a bit of an issue that's just crossed my mind, and I wouldn't mind your thoughts.

I've got a chipper here that I'm selling. It's an Entec Trukloder, like the TW18/100g. The problem is a few years ago I started stripping it down ready to respray in company colours, and in doing so I removed the serial number plate from the top of the flywheel housing. I got sidetracked and never did respray it, but now I can't find the bloody plate!

It's an old machine that I bought used around ten years ago. I could probably dig out my purchase receipt for it but I'm worried that it will still put people off.

So I suppose my question is, if you were looking to buy it what reassurance would you accept that it's not a dodgy machine? I appreciate I've slipped up a bit here!:001_rolleyes:

I'd be hard pressed to buy anything if the serial number was missing.. no matter what story I got told... slipped off, someone nicked it, well it had one once!!!!..

And I wouldn't tell you were a hidden serial number was in case you wanted to get rid of that as well.....

I'd be hard pressed to buy anything if the serial number was missing.. no matter what story I got told... slipped off, someone nicked it, well it had one once!!!!..

And I wouldn't tell you were a hidden serial number was in case you wanted to get rid of that as well.....

I wouldn't blame you for that at all. You think just like I do. Hence my post.

This is exactly the problem I need to overcome. It's an honest machine that's been with me for a long time. It just doesn't look like it to someone who doesn't know me! I really hope it's got another number stamped on it. Then I can post it up here and elsewhere with my advert. I've got nothing to hide.:thumbup1: