Which Lasco Cone splitter for knotty 4ft+ dameter butts?

cessna

Iam getting seroius about investing in Lasco Cone Splitter for knotty4ft+ diameter hardwood butts I can have. Would like to hear suggestions of which one to buy,from those of you who actually have one. I realise one still needs ot purchase or hire the 360 excavator to use it on.

Iam getting seroius about investing in Lasco Cone Splitter for knotty4ft+ diameter hardwood butts I can have. Would like to hear suggestions of which one to buy,from those of you who actually have one. I realise one still needs ot purchase or hire the 360 excavator to use it on.

Hi mate can you not Demo one off Wilson thanks Jon

I hired a cone splitter from a hydraulics company and fitted it on an 8 tonne excavator.

The cone was underpowered in my opinion, and the guy who hired it to me did admit that it wasn't the most powerful out there.

Lasco m3 would be the one I'd buy.

Three motors, so plenty of power.

It is pricier, for obvious reasons, but well worth it in my opinion.

I hired a cone splitter from a hydraulics company and fitted it on an 8 tonne excavator.

The cone was underpowered in my opinion, and the guy who hired it to me did admit that it wasn't the most powerful out there.

Lasco m3 would be the one I'd buy.

Three motors, so plenty of power.

It is pricier, for obvious reasons, but well worth it in my opinion.

I entirely agree, one much better of financially, in the long run, to push ones finances to the limit and get the machine that is "Really Up to the Job in hand," the first time, I have learnt that by experience, not one to repeat.!!!!

We have a Takeuchi TB80 with a 2 speed Lasco. One of our daughters put a video on you tube called "Firewood is born" where there is a few images of the setup. I think for such big timber a bigger excavator might be best. I rarely get timber as big as that and the TB80 is brilliant.

We have a Takeuchi TB80 with a 2 speed Lasco. One of our daughters put a video on you tube called "Firewood is born" where there is a few images of the setup. I think for such big timber a bigger excavator might be best. I rarely get timber as big as that and the TB80 is brilliant.