Broken body any suggestions???

Any sensible suggestions, particularly from those with first hand experience ie what you did.

Normally self employed etc, chainsaw for hire cutter/groundsman plus many other things had my own little buisness starting, hoarding kit, tickets lined up, buisness plan etc.

Shoulder injury... now been off 8 months massively compounded by overstressed NHS.

DWP throwing there weight around now those health assessment things are a joke.

Anyone ever been a bit like this and manged to make doo without the government, really really want too but seriously scuppered.

What's up with shoulder?

I had an op on mine 3 years ago which helped for a while but it's as bad as before now!!

I just keep plodding on taking pain killers and go to work.

Can't let my business fail over some pain in my shoulder.

(Yours may well be worse than mine)

The best thing for my shoulder is to keep moving and stretching it!!

Dont want to get too into as I tend to go off on one partly as I think I worked it out on my own but dont get listened too. Got some help at the minute from an osteopath and physio outside the NHS expecting them to get to the root of it soon.

Currently cant lift a glass of water comfortably, reach my back pocket, t-shirts are trouble etc not driving partly because of reaching the steering wheel gears and I keep getting proper vertigo (might be something going on in my neck). Ive had an injection some blank faces, doing cicles in the NHS had referrals go missing one for 6weeks the most recent nearly two months now before I get to book the apointment which is an average of 1/2months after that. Tried private and was very unimpresssed with about 15min at >£200.

Went off on one.

Looking at data entry online stuff generally geared around students or stay at home mums I think if anyone has experience of it I'm interested.

Source a local highly recommended Ostio, go and see them. If it's an operation you need then it's back to the NHS if not follow their advice!

I've spent thousands over the years on Private Ostios, I've went weeks without working due to injury, if I need money and can't earn it I sell something I have.

If they tell you you can't do manual labour then look to do something else.

Good luck

Thats where I am highly recomended ostio who just highly reccomened a physio for a seccond opinion. Ostio says I should see a shoulder ortho current "person" says theres nothing wrong getting the GP to send me anywhere is a mission.

Any free training courses out there? Spending a lot of time learning and not gone near Jeremy Kyle yet.

Edited by 637547
Spelling

I suffered a spinal compression injury last July - crushed disc at L5 and spinal tear at S1.

Combination of 3x spinal nerve blocks, very, very strong painkillers (Tramadol, codine, Oramorph & Grabapentin) & £40/session Physio sessions which involve TENS, acupuncture & deep tissue massage, has helped. Still taking the pain meds and not trying to be superman, seeing the Physio every 2 weeks and taking the pain medication....

I thought I was going to have to give up a lot of what I do.

I had a shoulder that I couldn't use properly, and a back that was screwed, I used to have to manipulate my way out of bed in the morning.

I was recommended to a local Ostio, and I also have a trainer I started to use who knows the Ostio and when I started with him they discuss between them what I could and couldn't do, he has helped build the muscles back in my bad shoulder where the damage was. I still have to be careful and think before I do certain stuff but can now do pretty much everything I used to do.

Money well spent, although it hasn't been cheap.

Try find an Ostio with the longest waiting time, there are several at the place I go and I could see most in a couple of days or so, mine is generally 4 weeks unless its an emergency.

So did anyone find any useful traning or education resources in the down time, among other things I have been youtubing knots and welding exotic metals plus hammering forestry journals all of that is useful but none or it offical training type stuff.

Or do other stuff for money?

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Stuart thats the kind of useful advise I was looking for.

Don't want to be rude but I have been lectured many many times already on what I should or shouldn't have done and what worked for other people, thier brother/mate etc etc blah blah and did not want to go down that road again.