Jcb 926 - opinions

richy_B

Hello, moving to a new site in a bit and will need to change from an electric forklift to a diesel. Quite of bit of ground is rough -not muddy, just compacted scalping etc so I'm looking at some options. Also looking to increase my lift from 1.5 to 2.5 to handle some bigger items.

The jcb 926 keeps coming up. Any views on them? Suggestions on alternatives? Have a budget of £5-7k ex VAT so hopefully a bit of choice.

Hello, moving to a new site in a bit and will need to change from an electric forklift to a diesel. Quite of bit of ground is rough -not muddy, just compacted scalping etc so I'm looking at some options. Also looking to increase my lift from 1.5 to 2.5 to handle some bigger items.

The jcb 926 keeps coming up. Any views on them? Suggestions on alternatives? Have a budget of £5-7k ex VAT so hopefully a bit of choice.

Ive got a little experience of the 926 machines and I've always been relatively pleased with them, they'll generally lift over 2.6t fairly easy, just makesure you buy one thats been looked after, parts are cheap and easy enough to get as there common with a lot of other jcb machines, check for wear on the carriage as that can get pricey to repair/re place. Best thing is you should be easily able to pick up an ex hire machine for your budget, they're not as popular as telehandlers with farmers etc. So dont command the same prices. My friend Mike at MAC timbers has an old 926 and that has handled some huge timber in its time and is still pretty reliable, if you get a good one with low hrs you should be pretty happy i think.

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I drive 926s all the time at work and are great work horses, silly things to check if you are buying at auction is the heater controllers tend to get wrenched off by heavey handed folk a right pain when all you get is cold air on a frosty morning, also lifting capacity is reduced if it is fitted with grass tyres, oh and get one with a manual 4wheel drive selector and diff lock the modern ones are electric switches again not the most reliable, oh and we do lift a little more than recommended quite regularly ;)

The 926 looks good but a tele handler is so much more versatile. The later 2.5 tonne teles are much narrower and means you can keep rows of pallets and dumpy bags closer together. Not so relevant if you have a huge yard but we are tight for space and my machine spends its life with the neck stretched.

A telehandler would be my best option but I don't think my budget will stretch far enough for something decent.

A neighbouring contractor at our site has a JCB teletruk, which seems to be an awesome little machine but finding one in budget is an issue.