Something different.

aspenarb

I was watching these guys working on a section of a site that we cleared about a year ago, turns out they are doing a "desiccation study" I think thats spelt right . They are basically trying to determine the change in ground conditions post deforestation but prior to building. What interested me ( because I am a sad old git) is the root fiber`s present in the core samples at 1.4 -1.6 mts and deeper. I remember the job and there was nothing bigger that 9" diameter growing on the site.

image.jpg3_zpstpn9fcyz.jpg

image.jpg1_zpscq5kbeob.jpg

image.jpg2_zpsqwd7ddp9.jpg

Edited by aspenarb
fat fingers

Stubbs I dont think the root fibers concerned them because all the trees are gone but the increased moisture content of the clay post deforestation ( ground heave) did

Bob

How long do you think it will take for the " heave " to settle before they can build on it or will they have to sink pilings ?

How long do you think it will take for the " heave " to settle before they can build on it or will they have to sink pilings ?

We cleared that bit about a year ago and I believe they will be on it soon, from what I can see of the other sections they are on its conventional footings.

Bob

Ok Bob . Just wondered as a few years ago there was some " affordable " housing built near me on a site that was almost a swamp most of the year . The constant pounding of the pile drivers was a problem for the locals in the village . I don't think he builders had planned properly for this eventuality .