Transit tipper wheel jack?

Old Mill Tree Care

I'm at a loss!

I have a 54 plate Transit tipper and the jack broke and I have searched high and low for another.

The problem seems to be the shape of the socket on the chassis for the spare wheel winder. The shape seems to be a sort of teardrop shape and the only replacement jack kits I've found have a square end on the rod that goes into the socket.

I have not called a Ford dealer yet.

And before you ask about repairing the broken one, in a fit of rage I threw the whole lot in a bin and drove off.:blushing:

Any help on where to get one would be appreciated. :001_smile:

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL i got the same problem on an 02 transit as i don't have that 'winding rod' to lower me spare tyre !

I have got the original jack though but i'm gonna buy a 6 ton bottle jack as they are easier to use.

And i don't fancy trying to jack up a transit full of chip with the flimsy Ford jack.

Biggarlogs if u have a second winding rod you want to sell then i'll have it please.

I'm at a loss!

I have a 54 plate Transit tipper and the jack broke and I have searched high and low for another.

The problem seems to be the shape of the socket on the chassis for the spare wheel winder. The shape seems to be a sort of teardrop shape and the only replacement jack kits I've found have a square end on the rod that goes into the socket.

I have not called a Ford dealer yet.

And before you ask about repairing the broken one, in a fit of rage I threw the whole lot in a bin and drove off.:blushing:

Any help on where to get one would be appreciated. :001_smile:

Our fitter made me some of the spare wheel winders, they work with a ratchet spanner, I didn't think there was anything special about the scissor jack. PM me if you want one dropped over next week to try.

Don't know what the chassis cab/tipper set up is like but on the panel vans you will usually find that the mechanism to lower the spare wheel has seized solid! Cutting the cable may be the only way out.

And that's assuming someone hasn't already stolen the spare wheel!