Artic lorry loads

Tomeaston

Hi guys, I'm new to this forum. Myself and my dad sell wood per tonne as we call it but buy the tattie box (I know it isn't a tonne) but just a rough guide. The place where we have been getting the hard wood & soft wood from free of charge is coming to an end and we were just wondering what to do next artic lorry loads? But we are unsure how much theses will cost hardwood & soft wood. Also how much tatties boxes or tonne we will get out of this. We have a fair few chainsaw to many but boys and there toys. Our log splitter is a hydraulic powered ( back end of a tractor) with a big loading table so we can take fair logs/rings. Thanks be great if you guys could help. Located in Scotland Angus area (Kirriemuir)

Hi guys, I'm new to this forum. Myself and my dad sell wood per tonne as we call it but buy the tattie box (I know it isn't a tonne) but just a rough guide. The place where we have been getting the hard wood & soft wood from free of charge is coming to an end and we were just wondering what to do next artic lorry loads? But we are unsure how much theses will cost hardwood & soft wood. Also how much tatties boxes or tonne we will get out of this. We have a fair few chainsaw to many but boys and there toys. Our log splitter is a hydraulic powered ( back end of a tractor) with a big loading table so we can take fair logs/rings. Thanks be great if you guys could help. Located in Scotland Angus area (Kirriemuir)

Hi I don t know what the prices are up your part of the country are but down here in west wales softwood around £28 -£35 a tonne hardwood upwards of £45 a tonne these are roadside so add on your haulage.I have some potatoe boxes and reckon on 2 for 3 cubic metres.I do 95% hardwoods and have always reckoned on 1 tonne of wood to produce 2 cubic metres of loose logs.

Hope this helps Chris.

Hi I don t know what the prices are up your part of the country are but down here in west wales softwood around £28 -£35 a tonne hardwood upwards of £45 a tonne these are roadside so add on your haulage.I have some potatoe boxes and reckon on 2 for 3 cubic metres.I do 95% hardwoods and have always reckoned on 1 tonne of wood to produce 2 cubic metres of loose logs.

Hope this helps Chris.

That's mental for softwood. Up here mills are paying low £30's for Pine sawlogs. delivered in!!

In Scotland prices are more like

Hardwood roadside: £25 for oversized and £38-£45 for processor friendly stuff.

Softwood roadside: £14- £20

All plus vat and haulage.

You'll struggle to find good quality hardwood, it takes years to find the right contacts for that stuff.

That's mental for softwood. Up here mills are paying low £30's for Pine sawlogs. delivered in!!

In Scotland prices are more like

Hardwood roadside: £25 for oversized and £38-£45 for processor friendly stuff.

Softwood roadside: £14- £20

All plus vat and haulage.

You'll struggle to find good quality hardwood, it takes years to find the right contacts for that stuff.

Wonder what haulage would be down to west Cumbria

As softwoods high thirtys +vat delivered round here

How am I able to get contacts for people selling logs by the road side? I take it that it's I go along and cut up and take what I have paid for ect? Or?

why don't you google tree surgeons in your area, phone em up and see what they have, are getting and who they might know...

research the subject on the net, more than likely only take half a day before you're an expert in the field LOL..

Wonder what haulage would be down to west Cumbria

As softwoods high thirtys +vat delivered round here

in my experience the prices quoted weren't correct, even chipwood at roadside was £20 plus, substantially more last year but came back quite a bit this year due to strong £ against euro. Still above £20 though. Sawlogs were £30 plus at roadside, spruce logs even more