560xp snapped chain brake mount

G13469

That special moment when you realise the tree you just cut landed on someone's saw.

As per title anyone know if it can be fixed? And where?

If it is part of the crankcase casting and is a mix of magnesium and aluminium then forget it, you will need new crankcases :thumbdown:

Sometimes lash-ups can be effected but I would steer clear of these on safety devices!

Yep part of the crankcase. Balls

Is it worth buying a new case or just buy a new saw and have lots of spares?

Its only 1 yr old and not done much work.

Thanks for the reply Spud

The cost of taking all the bits off and refitting will be a fair bit, unless you can get another machine that has good cases but the top end or crank has failed, I reckon the costs will be prohibitive.

Probably best to keep it and buy a new one unless someone on here can help with parts. I had a similar 550XP with a days use on it from a member on here. Fortunately, I also had another 550 that had seized and repair was working out to be a bit pricy so a deal was done and the saw was repaired! :thumbup:

These things happen, on Saturday , started felling a big spruce with the 560 when the wind picked up an blew the tree slightly back on the bar and chain, went and fired up the county to pull the tree, fastened the chocker chain to the tree and pulled the tree over, but what i didnt see as the view was obcured when winching the tree over was the saw came out when the pressure was realised and slid down the root spurs in the front of the tree in the direction of felling, so when the tree came to rest the butt of the tree landed on the front handle bending it aswell as damaging the bottom mounting screws, the air was blue when i realised what had happend, got a new front handle and made good of the bottom mounting with JB weld, good as new now.

I have an early crankcase ( without the extra bolt ) it would get the machine going again, if the gasket is properly fitted with a bit of gasket sealent they actually gave no problems.

Sounds like a decent offer, are the bearings and seals already fitted in the cases? Just preempting the next question:thumbup:

Thanks for the offer, waiting until Monday to own up to the boss and work out how we proceed (who foots the bill). (I think I know where all my overtime is going)

But unless Spud has jumped on the spares offer I may get back to you later.

Thanks again for the quick helpful advice and lets all remember not to leave kit in the brash 👍