Dolmar / Makita DCS9010

TurtleWoods72

I was going to just P.M Shavey and TDC, but thought it better to keep this in an open forum for the benefit of others wondering.

What is the difference on this particular (flagship?) model in each guise other than colour?

Is it an over ambitious proposition for a home user, even if they known hey don't need one? :001_huh:

Also what sort of prices have people found either model at? :thumbup:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to just P.M Shavey and TDC, but thought it better to keep this in an open forum for the benefit of others wondering.

What is the difference on this particular (flagship?) model in each guise other than colour?

Is it an over ambitious proposition for a home user, even if they known hey don't need one? :001_huh:

Also what sort of prices have people found either model at? :thumbup:

There aren't any differences on these apart from part numbers the earlier 9010 and 9000 had different ignition modules on some of them

But they are a strong well built saw and the cutters that have bought one seem too like them and tell me that as they go on the saw gets stronger

Prices vary more on the Blue side they range from ridiculously low to silly high

That chap that sells the red ones he's mega expensive :lol::lol:

Come on you bath :thumbup:

Well built saw but very heavy. Finding bigger bars is a big hassle to.

I don't know why they kept on with the D033 mount in the EU when the rest of the world had D009 mounts on there 9010's

When the largest D033 bar oregon done was a 20"

But now after several conversations with Rob D that problem has been solved and you can have any bar length required :thumbup::thumbup:

:001_huh: So to summarise.

They are the same in either colour.

Prices vary.

They are fun to use.

They are overkill.

Shavey doesn't sell them.

Someone else does.

No prices are available for the Dolmar flavours.

Rob D can provide any sized bar required for one of these?

If I've got all that correct..am I insane thinking my best bet is to buy a Makita as cheap as I can find one and stick a 15" bar on for insane cutting speeds?

:confused1:

No, Shavey DOES sell them...

I'm not being funny (nothing new there) :001_tt2:..

But it'd be nice if the Dolmar vendors would just publish some kind of website or price list to save all the foreplay and jiggery pokery in finding out whether a red monster is within our price ranges.

I walk out of shops where nothing is priced, not because I wouldn't buy anything there, but because I feel embarrassed to keep asking.

On the flip side, I've bought thousands and thousands of pounds worth of stuff because the price looked good!:laugh1: