Not sure about choice of plant trailer?

GJT

I have the choice of either a Ifor Wiliams GX84 or a Indespension 9x5 plant trailer.

I have to get something for a Jensen 530T we are getting our first tracked chipper.

Is there any advantage or disadvantage in the slight size difference and individual ramps or the full mesh back ramp?

Feel like I might be missing something obvious, any help appreciated.

If all you're carrying is the tracked chipper it'll be ok with the full ramp. It's quicker, safer and easier. Tracked mewps require the separate ramps.

Cheers Paul. Would you know if it is good to have the chipper fitting snugly on a 8x4 trailer or doesn't the size really matter if your strapping it down.

Have a look at all the trailers, blue line etc. I wish I did!

I was lazy and went for an Ifor (arrived in March), I have welded, welded and welded on it, It is certainly not abused, it only carries 1ton. If could offer any advice don't buy the GX105! The 'new improved' versions are far too flimsy now. The old Ifors I have are still going strong.

have a look ifor gh9x4 trailer ,iv got 1, not used it yet tho :laugh1:

I've got a couple of those with tracked Greenmechs on them, running on the 10 inch wheels. I got them because the chipper fits on the right way around to allow chipping when in the trailer, and the floor height is relatively low for a plant trailer. We have had problems with leaf springs breaking - this has been a constant problem that has been solved (at quite a lot of expense) by updating the leaves to double springs all round. Also the tailgate latches are crap, with the eyebolts snapping regularly. We have fitted larger bolts as fitted to Brian James trailers that are far more up to the job. Other than that, the trailers are great IMO. I actually bought a Brian James diggerplant trailer of similar size as we were having issues with the ifors - the Brian James is 3.5 tonne gross compared to the Ifor at 2.7 tonne. Both are carrying 1.8 tonne machines. The Brian James looks well made but puts more nose weight onto the tow vehicle, and has also started to crack in a couple of places which is disappointing.