Jonsered 2083

Will Heal

Hi all,

My missus bought this saw from a sale page on Facebook today and proudly presented it to me when I got home from work. 'Look what I got you today!' She said.

I had a quick look online to try and find some info about them but I ended up more confused! Seems there were two engine sizes and how do I tell which one I have?

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1427230456.871855.jpg.826dbddf771b32fc99b6d9d2e9841d85.jpg

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1427230478.869633.jpg.2f71f21b7c44e83da1201ac655ba7069.jpg

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1427230516.036913.jpg.a36034b3e238e5adbded0b9ed5205808.jpg

Piston looks scored aswell

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 2083 is an 83cc saw, they also made a 2077 which has the same crankcase but different cylinder and piston. There was also a 2083 Mk 2 which was only sold in the US and is a 77cc saw the same as the 2077. I believe it is a Partner designed saw and marketed by both Partner, Poulan and Jonsered. It was built in the Husqvarna factory and a number of parts are found on other husky models.

You can no longer get pistons for them, having just rebuilt one I spent a lot of time looking. Your best option is to get a meteor piston for a stihl 066 (from memory) and have the it machined so the con rod will fit. Using an 066 piston raises the compression slightly and gives a good running saw.

That's the problem solved with the piston ! It definitely needs 2 exhaust bolts.

Personally if it was my saw I would get the parts and send to spud.He will find any problems that may have caused that damage and is a top saw mechanic.

Saw looks a beast , would like to see it going.

That piston kit looks like it should fit. It looks aftermarket so I'm not sure what the quality is like. If you buy it it could be worth buying caber rings instead of the ones that come in the kit. A lot of the aftermarket rings are very brittle.

As Matty says you definately need 2 exhaust bolts. The one I fixed had an air leak at the clutch side crank seal which is a common place. The seals are available from husky. Make sure you pressure and vaccum test it to make sure you have found and fixed the problem that caused the seizure.

That's the problem solved with the piston ! It definitely needs 2 exhaust bolts.

Personally if it was my saw I would get the parts and send to spud.He will find any problems that may have caused that damage and is a top saw mechanic.

Saw looks a beast , would like to see it going.

This is the way I would go . :001_smile:

The 2083 is an 83cc saw, they also made a 2077 which has the same crankcase but different cylinder and piston. There was also a 2083 Mk 2 which was only sold in the US and is a 77cc saw the same as the 2077. I believe it is a Partner designed saw and marketed by both Partner, Poulan and Jonsered. It was built in the Husqvarna factory and a number of parts are found on other husky models. ......

That is true (except the actual cc were 82.4 and 76.5). There were 70.7cc and 65cc models as well, but not in red color - only from Partner and Poulan Pro.

The earliest saws didn't have the fully developed "Air Injection", but the later ones did (from 1992 or so).

Hi mike, thanks for that. So that means mine is a 83cc 54mm piston then. What about this piston from America?[ATTACH]179206[/ATTACH]

Also it was missing an exhaust bolt, could this make it run lean and score the piston?

As far as I know, that vendor isn't willing to sell out of the US (or at least wasn't).....