CCTV system recomendations please

sasha.p

I want to install a better system than I am currently using I now know I had unwanted visitors watching my property as caught one today in the act today and he didn't see me ... I just want to make sure that when my dogs bite them on the arse I have good footage of what happens so what systems do you recommend ?

Try these guys at CCTV42.CO.UK ,I have bought my cameras off them has the quality is spot on compared to your high street kit .

I bought a 500gb hard drive from Maplin and sourced my own choice of cameras has the standard cameras cant read reg plates or sign writing properly at a distance .

Phone 01895233311

Last camera I got was £186 delivered from above and is spot on .

Ste

Edited by IVECOKID

Not related, but customer were working for today was telling me she had an intruder, dogs set about them and did their job, however she had a warning to keep them under control. Month or so later, another intruder, dog chased across garden and pinned the thief down. She has received an asbo now for not controlling her dogs on her own property, she has cctv showing it all as she explained it. But she was punished with asbo. So wrong I my opinion.

Thanks will take a look I was actually right next to the guy and he had no idea because he was too engrossed in what he was looking for I got his reg description the lot and popped along to have a word with the locals they have put a marker on his vehicle and basically told me if my dogs bite them its private property, the one copper is familiar with my property as I know her locally they advised me to get a sign up stating the dogs are there I thought the law had changed surrounding this as don't want my dogs destroyed I know 110% my one will get anyone who steps foot in our garden so I made sure I asked as to what the consequence's are should they be stupid enough to enter and get bitten I want to make sure I have the clearest footage of them and anything and everything that happens,I do agree that's totally wrong giving the lady an asbo !my dogs are always under my control but if im not in then I cant control them, but they cant say I didn't warn them either as now they have the info I passed on I know this is definitely the second visit I have had from the same guy so am expecting something to happen as clearly witnessed him casing the place

If only there was a way of tracking down address from number plate, I'd go around and put a note on car or through the door.

Dear sir, I thought I would pay you a visit seems as though you have visited my house twice lately. Would you like to be my friend? I'm sure we would get along just fine. You look great in your picture. Please see attached below. Love and hugs, the owner of the CCTV you like to appear on.

If questioned how you got address, say saw number plate when passing his property.

Edited by jaime bray

I was tempted to follow but was just heading out to my second job and I had no doubt I would of ended up at a traveller's site as had a load of scrap in the back and yes that would of been nice to of left a note of that sort.... it just so happened I was in my vehicle right alongside him as he was stopped and having a good old look in he was very focussed on what he was looking for ,I felt like undoing my window and tapping his but restrained myself in the full knowledge its better that I know what they are up to and they don't know I am on to them

Thanks for the info am going to get it all ordered now,I am rubbish when it comes to cameras so thank you regarding the tip of reading the regs plates some cctv you see looks rubbish so I want to know im buying something that's crystal clear.I love trail cams they are one of my favourites but I want something that also acts as a visual deterrent that can be fixed in a place they cant get at so I best get an order something

Try these guys at CCTV42.CO.UK ,I have bought my cameras off them has the quality is spot on compared to your high street kit .

I bought a 500gb hard drive from Maplin and sourced my own choice of cameras has the standard cameras cant read reg plates or sign writing properly at a distance .

Phone 01895233311

Last camera I got was £186 delivered from above and is spot on .

Ste