Hall Engineering Splitter

scbk

Saw this advertised on ebay, I'm not really in the market for a new splitter, just like seeing what's out there!

26 Ton Diesel Hydraulic Log Splitter Lombardini Engine Fast Tow Trailer | eBay

Looks a good well made bit of kit (not the usual chinese rubbish), even has a jockey wheel and legs so you can use it without being hitched up. Looks pretty sturdy, and works vertically at a good height.

The only drawback is the controls are round the corner from the table! Doh!:confused1::001_huh:

Theres a another company that sells hall splitters on ebay and also sell exactly the same splitter under a different name and colour (tractor splitters)

Fom my point of view I would question a few things.

A) why have a vertical/horizontal splitter if it still has be used at waist height which ever way you use it?? You will still have to lift big rounds to waist height.

B) That hydraulic tank looks a bit small but it doesn't state the size of the hydraulic pump so it would be interesting to see how well the hydraulic oil stays cool. Also being so compact and everything on top of each other wont help.

c) Personally I hate those small wheels and I bet your almost on the weight ratings for those tyres given the amount of steel, a diesel engine, oil etc involved.

The only drawback is the controls are round the corner from the table! Doh!:confused1::001_huh

good point confused why thats been done like that as it makes it a 2 man splitter to keep it going

ps i really dont/hav'nt found the reason myself why the Chinese ones are rubbish has anyone got any horror stories to tell buying a 24/34 or whatever ton fast tow splitter chinese splitter

theres every chance i'am wrong but the engine is not english i bet the steel is'nt english or the hydraulic pumps/valves arnt english either ??? are they. So how could it be english as in put a dog in a stable its still a dog not a horse etc