New 7.5 tonner rules, Good News for once?

LGP Eddie

Apologies if anyone has covered this, but it seems it could be positive news for once with regard to owning a 7.5 tonner?

https://movingon.blog.gov.uk/changes-to-tachograph-rules-for-local-journeys/

I'd be interested in one myself if it meant being able to take tools/kit to site and ditch the Defender Ifor setup.

Eddie.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds good, the less bureaucracy freeing up people to work and generate cash the better.

On completely different track I've got machine coming back from JCC next week, once working I'll post some pics.

John been working his magic for you then? Sounds interesting?

I'm really not up on the 7.5 tonner job now? I assume I'd still need a restricted Operators Licence, but not the driver CPC as it's not my main occupation?

It would be to take attachments or at worst a Mini Excavator to and from site, and without all the Tacho hassle within 100k from base would work for me?

Eddie.

Just a stroke processor (same as you had) that he's fitted to small forwarder I've got. They're not cheap but you know it'll be done right and built like a tank

I've no idea re 7.5t regs but the less crap stopping people from working the better

Couldn't agree more on letting people get on with work.

I suspect you're going to be very happy with the results, as I had a brief conversation with John about this, and he was completely in the zone with getting this all up and running.

If John gets the bit between his teeth on a project, you can be assured, it will not only work, but it'll certainly last the distance. He really can turn out some stunning work.

Eddie.

The people in this forum who jump headlong into compliance (at great cost) and then boast about it always make me wonder - why do the Brits not push back against unnecessary legislation the way our continental cousins do?

I checked machine on Friday and seemed grand, will take bit of getting used to working processor through crane controls but the stroke processors need time and patience anyway!

JC done bit of fabrication work for us over the years and always comes back stronger than it went in

I quite fancied the Kesla one lever control for processor but costs were prohibitive, I meant to ask John if we could adapt a matbro or equiv joystick

He's got my Kesla Stroke Head to run through my Engcon Joysticks on the Kubota. Not only that, how he got it to run through the Ec Oil system so I can fit it from the cab and have it fully operational in around 15 seconds was a pretty fair achievement.

I'd have thought a Joystick was easily possible, but the one I had was just a row of levers and Greg ended up getting pretty handy on it after a few days.

Eddie.

Apologies if anyone has covered this, but it seems it could be positive news for once with regard to owning a 7.5 tonner?

https://movingon.blog.gov.uk/changes-to-tachograph-rules-for-local-journeys/

I'd be interested in one myself if it meant being able to take tools/kit to site and ditch the Defender Ifor setup.

Eddie.

Whats the maximum size digger you can get on a 7.5tonner legally- am I right in thinking much bigger than 3 ton( with buckets etc) and you'll be over your payload?