The Eagle has landed...

NFG

Hello all,

Its some 45 years since man walked on the moon on 21/07/1969

The First Men on the Moon: The Apollo 11 Lunar Landing

I was nearly 11 years old watching those grainy images on our first TV set live as they landed about 20.30 then walked at 03.00, transfixed by every minute & perhaps it inspired my interest in science & technology.

Your thoughts?

N

Somewhat surprising that the anniversary of this event barely caused a ripple in the press although Israel & air incidents currently top the news.

I was somewhat privileged some years ago to take a VIP tour at Kennedy & talk to scientists aboard the international space station, to be honest it diddn't seem all that different to my own job as a submariner in the propulsion department of a nuclear submarine.

That said, I have the utmost respect for these people who worked tirelessly towards the ultimate objective & yes, it still makes my hair stand on end listening to the dialogue.

N