Dolmar CT

Petesos

Hi all

Asking for help from anyone

I run an old Dolmar CT 115 and it is a great old saw but recently she has gone down on me with a scored head and piston and I was wondering if anyone knows

where I can get a new head / piston and rings I know she is an old girl but I dont like throwing this old kit out as I suppose I am a bit of a Traditionalist .

Any help would be Appreciated

Cheers all

Pete

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Eyes are on ebay

I was wondering if there is a company in this country that could rebore it and put new rings and piston in it ??

Pete

The bore is chrome plated aluminium, there is no way that can be rebored. Put a pic up, is it really that bad. Most of the time, these can be saved if they are not too bad, The ones that I have had most trouble with are the real high revving Huskys, the 550XP and 346XP have a tendency to score the cylinder as well as transfer aluminium.

If the bore is fixable, the next job is to try to get a similar piston and then modify it to fit!

Hi Again all

I have took the head off completely and to my surprise the head is in good nick

with only a flake of the piston So i think a slight buff up with a honer should remove it .

The Piston on the other hand looks well shot as the rings are pinched in to there resets So a new piston and rings and small end bearings are the order of the day for this ole girl.

Does anyone know a company I can get the bits from

And are you sure the piston is the same as a 166.

Thanks to all597669d6af631_photo(2).JPG.70edce64c296706dfc245b176b227cf0.JPG

597669d6b1e8d_photo(3).JPG.8ec687a4623b3f2f6f11d10b87018c70.JPG

597669d6b67c8_photo(4).JPG.adfc594f1c95468c567705613113ddc8.JPG

photo.JPG.d9b8216f2e27f9d977839638ab973604.JPG

get rid of any aluminium by cleaning it with solvent and abrasive paper followed by acid or alkali to get rid of it and then use a very light hone if needed.

The piston will be an issue due to its domed top - unusual with modern saws. you will need to match the dome height, crown to pin centre and the height of the piston - all are critical to making compression and timing. The diameter will obviously also need to match!

i have just been checking my parts manuals and the sachs dolmar CT had three piston variants 115 132 100 115 132 101 115 132 102

the sachs dolmar had one piston listed 166 132 100

here is a photo from a dolmar man in the USA

PISTON ON THE LEFT IS 166 PISTON ON THE RIGHT IS A CT

piston166.jpg.8949da9bed286ce95d79ba7fbca45985.jpg

Edited by shavey
CIDER SPELLING