Die Grinder

I personally would save for a long nose die grinder. I have an old short one and after watching a long nose one in use I realised that is the way to go. You have so much more control so therefore safer to use and you have the added option of getting into tight spaces too.

Well, the makita power file is much better tool than the black and decker one and that is reflected in the price.

For £25 or whatever it costs there's no real harm in trying it but for a reliable tool that will take years of hard work you'd be better to pay for quality.

If you have or can get hold of a site transformer the 110v are usually cheaper both new and second hand.

Looks alright might not have much grunt compared to a die grinder but looks like it will have more power than a dremel.

It's about 5 times the size of a Dremel though. A flexible extension would be a good addition to it.

just had another look on ebay so there is another cheep one with an flexible extension for £26 ish or the makita one for £90 and a seckond hand one not sure what make for £40 its a no brainer the makita one if you have the money if not the cheep one who knows the cheep one may go on for yrs do let us know what you go for and what it is like I am at the moment looking for an orbital sander and cant decide what to go for I dont want to spend too much as they dont seem to last more than 18 months 2yrs

Cheers Mark

Just purchased one for general cleaning, drilling and porting where space isn't a constraint - already got a Silverline dremmel type rotary tool with the flexible drive so should be useful - £25 is nothing and if it lasts a year or two, it will have paid for itself many times over!