diesel transfer tanks

I am looking into ways of transporting diesel to site without having to resort to sloshing jerry cans around on especially with grass harvesting time not a million miles away and increasingly needing to fill smaller kit up away from the yard

I have been looking at these two

200litre Portable Tank c w 12v Pump - agri-shop

Cemo mobile diesel tank dispenser 200 litres 12 volt pump

these just look handy for in the back of the truck for on site, I haven't found a bunded one yet in this style. I think these would be better on sensitive sites than lifting jerry cans and risking having dead vegetation where filling tractors etc from spilt diesel.

The downside is the price as they seem quite pricey for what they are as the pumps, hoses, fittings etc can be bought for about £100-120 so that means the plastic tanks are >£350

does anyone use anything like this or know of suppliers of a bunded one?

All this refuelling gear is expensive!

You can have my 200 litre fuel cube very cheap shortly if you like as I'm going up to 500litre, but you can't just throw it about that easily?

Deso do a nice one, they usually have them to look at at Soddards and the beauty of these is you can handle them easily on/off transport when empty.

These are fully bunded.

Get a Plant Nappy from Pig Products too for the spills.

Diesel Dispensers | Deso Engineering

Eddie.

I am looking into ways of transporting diesel to site without having to resort to sloshing jerry cans around on especially with grass harvesting time not a million miles away and increasingly needing to fill smaller kit up away from the yard

I have been looking at these two

200litre Portable Tank c w 12v Pump - agri-shop

Cemo mobile diesel tank dispenser 200 litres 12 volt pump

these just look handy for in the back of the truck for on site, I haven't found a bunded one yet in this style. I think these would be better on sensitive sites than lifting jerry cans and risking having dead vegetation where filling tractors etc from spilt diesel.

The downside is the price as they seem quite pricey for what they are as the pumps, hoses, fittings etc can be bought for about £100-120 so that means the plastic tanks are >£350

does anyone use anything like this or know of suppliers of a bunded one?

If you are happy to get the pump, hoses and fittings and build it your self, I might know a company that can supply you with the tank. I'll ask a mate of mine if he can get a price, if you like?

I think it needs tobe bunded for road use and under 950 litres otherwise you need an adr licence. If you charge for diesel you also need a licence to account for where it went.

If you get a bowser I don't think it has to be bunded. Don't quote me, but I can check when I get back in the office in the morning. And it's 1000 litres of diesel you can carry without ADR

Cheers for all the replies

I don't like the wheely bin types as I cant stand them in the back of the truck to drive round with easily

You can have my 200 litre fuel cube very cheap shortly if you like as I'm going up to 500litre, but you can't just throw it about that easily?

Deso do a nice one, they usually have them to look at at Soddards and the beauty of these is you can handle them easily on/off transport when empty.

These are fully bunded.

Get a Plant Nappy from Pig Products too for the spills.

Diesel Dispensers | Deso Engineering

Eddie.

Will have a chat with you about the cube, probably a bit substantial for what I need but if it fits the bill and will probably last better than the plastic ones. I will pop into Stoddards for a look.

If you are happy to get the pump, hoses and fittings and build it your self, I might know a company that can supply you with the tank. I'll ask a mate of mine if he can get a price, if you like?

That would be possible, if you could get me a price for something between 100-200ltrs that would be ace

I think it needs to be bunded for road use and under 950 litres otherwise you need an adr licence. If you charge for diesel you also need a licence to account for where it went.

I didn't think under 250ltrs had to be bunded in a vehicle, but I would rather have a bunded tank especially if its plastic as a puncture in it could be awkward