peltor ear defenders for helmet.

carlos

i want to get some chipper spec ( the black and red ones) ear defenders for my petzel vertex helmet, will they fit and can i attatch a normal mesh visor on??

got the msa ones but find they get soaked with sweat and arnt great.

thanks carl

I was looking into peltors for my husky hat but the 3m guy said that they are not tested for any other hat apart from the peltor hat so the snr would not be a true reading. Get the best that are tested for the hat you have.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Arbtalk mobile app

Would that make a difference in this instance though? seeing as the original orange stihl earmuffs are peltor/3m, and the ones carlos wants to fit are also peltor 3m-you're just upgrading the level of protection. The optime 3 red and black ones make a hell of alot of difference compared to the standard stihl/3m or msa muffs normally fitted to the vertex helmet

It might make no difference but the orange muffs are shaped at the top so not to hit the helmet, the larger defenders are quite large and might be fouled by the lid. Depends on your head size,shape. I agree that peltor defenders are great, I have a few pair. But worth trying the fit for yourself before you buy, or take the punt .

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Arbtalk mobile app