Tree Climbing Competitions

blackopsarborist

• 2 months later...

We have a few events running this year for those who want to get a start in competition climbing.

3ATC CCC College Climbing Competition for students at College

Southern at Capel Manors Celebration fo Trees

Northern at Cragside Northumbria

3ATC OPEN Events: Open to any qualified climber

Northern OPEN at Cragside Northumbria

UK OPEN AA Trade Fair Cirencester

South East OPEN FR Jones and Son Arb Fest KENT

For entry forms and more information please go to Arboricultural Association Arborist Tree Challenge :thumbup1:

Good luck look forward to seeing you there.

Nick

Hi, Nick can you confirm that you have to be a qualified climber to compete?

Good question, for the open events climbers would need to have passsed NPTC CS38 we have plenty of staff attending who can carry out a rescue should it be nessesary but thankfully we have not had one in the last five years.

At the Student events we understand Students may not have passed CS38 yet so they must be under the supervision of their tutor during the event again we have a safety technition in the tree with them in case we need to carry out a rescue at any point.

The events are not meant to be anything bizzare, just climbing to targets and simple tasks in the tree as you would at work each week.

Entry is only £10 per person and there are some great prizes to be had at all the events.

Good question, for the open events climbers would need to have passsed NPTC CS38 we have plenty of staff attending who can carry out a rescue should it be nessesary but thankfully we have not had one in the last five years.

At the Student events we understand Students may not have passed CS38 yet so they must be under the supervision of their tutor during the event again we have a safety technition in the tree with them in case we need to carry out a rescue at any point.

The events are not meant to be anything bizzare, just climbing to targets and simple tasks in the tree as you would at work each week.

Entry is only £10 per person and there are some great prizes to be had at all the events.

I'm entering for Northumberland College up at Cragside. Based on what you've just said does this mean providing one of my college instructors is present that I can also enter in the open class?

Also is'nt the open class the same points but different in that you start on the ground and have to put your line in?

Cheers

I'm entering for Northumberland College up at Cragside. Based on what you've just said does this mean providing one of my college instructors is present that I can also enter in the open class?

Also is'nt the open class the same points but different in that you start on the ground and have to put your line in?

Cheers

At the Student events we expect College instructors to be supervising and coaching their climbers. There are only two events at the Student Comps Team or Premier. Premier climbers will climb as individuals pitch climbing or throw lineing in to the canopy then carrying out the same climb as the team event. So yes as a student under supervision you would be welcome to join in and represent your college. Due to time and space availabel we are limiting places to two teams and two premier climbers per College. I hope you can get a place. Failing that come and enter one of the OPEN events but let us know you are not yet qualified so we can ensure your safety.

Cheers

Nick

nice job on drivetime nick. put the industry across well. :thumbup::thumbup: should have mentioned the stigs arborist cousin:001_tongue:

Thanks Penfold guess I should have done maybe if he shows up a few times this year we might get some more recognition. :thumbup: