Welcome to the Arbtalk.co.uk | Discussion Forum for Arborists.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Trading Place Please note the trading place forum is now closed. Please submit all your used items for sale in the Arbtalk Classifieds(Arbtrader)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-01-10   #1 (permalink)

land Rover 110 tipper

LAND ROVER 110 TIPPER TD5 2003 - 10000 ovno
Blue Land Rover 110 Tipper TD5 Diesel - 2003.

Mileage (Miles): 146921
Manual 2.5 Diesel.
Gross Vehicle Weight 3500kg
Tipper size 7.3 x 5.7 ft (Internal)
Right-hand drive

Service History, 12 months tax and MOT. Just serviced, fitted with brand new radiator and front brake discs and pads.

Rear hydraulic tipper body,(carries well over a ton with ease) removable high sides and rear doors, drop down sides and tailgate. Under body storage. Extra heavy duty Bearmach blue rear springs, rear spring assistors with on board air compressor. Front electric winch with heavy duty winch bumper. Tow bar fitted to front and rear with full electrics. Roof Rack. Buckshot all terrain tyres including spare. Black chequer plate wings, Land Rover wolf wing mirror arms, orange beacon.

3 seats with seat belts, CD/DVD player, Cargo storage pockets, behind seat storage.

This Land Rover has been well looked after regardless of cost, would make ideal work horse for tree surgeon, an individual working over hard terrain or jobs similar. The vehicle is 100 percent reliable, starts first time every time and is used on a daily basis.Do not be put off by the high mileage as it runs like a Land Rover does Has been used as a work vehicle and as would be expected has minor scratches and the odd minor dint which are only cosmetic and do not affect the overall apperance of the vehicle.

Please note van vault and other tools are not included in this sale.

Very reluctant sale due to change of circumstances, if you require any more information don't hesitate to contact me on 07759732100, parkin287@hotmail.com

Any serious offers will be considered, this vehicle must go.

For more pictures, vehicle can be found as item number 270514694822 on ebay.
Old 13-01-10   #2 (permalink)

Re: land Rover 110 tipper

Im not trying to cause a row but are land rovers, really worth the high prices people put on them,everyone i know as much time under em as they do in em,there was a tatty looking hicap on ebay last week with a ropey gearbox and they wanted 4 grand plus vat,im not knocking your landey as i aint seen it but i just cant get my head around the prices people want, you lot need to convince me.
Old 13-01-10   #3 (permalink)
Supporting Member, Raffle Sponsor 2009, 2010, 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerous brian View Post
Im not trying to cause a row but are land rovers, really worth the high prices people put on them,everyone i know as much time under em as they do in em,there was a tatty looking hicap on ebay last week with a ropey gearbox and they wanted 4 grand plus vat,im not knocking your landey as i aint seen it but i just cant get my head around the prices people want, you lot need to convince me.
Yes. Until you have owned one you will never appreciate their ability, and that is the thing. For a work vehicle they are the final word. The chassis is a ton in weight on a 110 in itself- it is super strong. The engines have huge amounts of torque off road- which is why you buy a landrover in truth-as a car they are horrible and wasted- and the transmission puts that power down exactly where it is needed, which is why they are so capable off road.
Its true that people spend alot of time under them, but the parts are incredibly cheap, and 99% of the time the repairs are minimal- bushes and pads wearing, propshafts wearing etc. If maintained then they will last as well as any jap model. The problem lies in the fact that most people dont maintain them and then the problems grow into big problems. When i bought my first defender the guy at the garage said the best advice he could give was to get a squeak sorted when it starts, or it will be pricey. The real difference is apparent only when being worked very very hard, as they will keep going far better than any other 4x4 utility. Their adaptability is a huge plus too, and pricewise, all that ali must be worth a bit too.
I could go on......but you are probably bored to tears already..
The fact that all the utilities use them, and Imerys use them over any other marque should be an indication too.
Old 13-01-10   #4 (permalink)
Supporting member, Raffle Sponsor 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommer9 View Post
Yes. Until you have owned one you will never appreciate their ability, and that is the thing. For a work vehicle they are the final word. The chassis is a ton in weight on a 110 in itself- it is super strong. The engines have huge amounts of torque off road- which is why you buy a landrover in truth-as a car they are horrible and wasted- and the transmission puts that power down exactly where it is needed, which is why they are so capable off road.
Its true that people spend alot of time under them, but the parts are incredibly cheap, and 99% of the time the repairs are minimal- bushes and pads wearing, propshafts wearing etc. If maintained then they will last as well as any jap model. The problem lies in the fact that most people dont maintain them and then the problems grow into big problems. When i bought my first defender the guy at the garage said the best advice he could give was to get a squeak sorted when it starts, or it will be pricey. The real difference is apparent only when being worked very very hard, as they will keep going far better than any other 4x4 utility. Their adaptability is a huge plus too, and pricewise, all that ali must be worth a bit too.
I could go on......but you are probably bored to tears already..
The fact that all the utilities use them, and Imerys use them over any other marque should be an indication too.
Just out of interest, what do you drive mate??
Old 13-01-10   #5 (permalink)
Supporting Member, Raffle Sponsor 2009, 2010, 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozza View Post
Just out of interest, what do you drive mate??
L200.
Old 13-01-10   #6 (permalink)

I have had 3 now and they rock.
Old 13-01-10   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommer9 View Post
L200.
lolbrilliant!
Old 13-01-10   #8 (permalink)

Thought i might rattle your cage Tom, my point is last week i was offered a fiat ducato tipper demonstrator miles 13 grand plus vat,brand new truck go on for years with no probs,yet i look on here and ebay and your average 10 year old landey with its best years behind it is going for 6 to 10 grand,i just dont get it.
Old 13-01-10   #9 (permalink)

Yours looks a beut sawdust but would you pay premium money for one thats been to hell and back.
Old 13-01-10   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerous brian View Post
Yours looks a beut sawdust but would you pay premium money for one thats been to hell and back.
but why WOULD you buy one thats been to hell and back ?the key is to know what your looking at and im sur all the guys on here have bought one landy that turned out not so good ! i know i have but years on ive had six now and never lost a penny selling any of them !

Tags
land rover 110 tipper