Dream houses

JArb

So me and the Mrs are moving down to Surrey and we've been looking at properties and she wants to move to Esher. So she rings me today at work and says she's found her dream house and I have to see it Gascoigne Pees estate agents Esher | Property for sale so does anybody have a spare £11,900,000? I don't think she knows what I do! I'd love to do work on a property like this though. Anybody been lucky enough to work somewhere you'd consider a dream house?

Yea . We have done some tree work and hedging on some of the very rich yacht y type people in Bosham in West Sussex . Some really nice drums there . Also one or two very modern German built eco houses that cost 4p month to heat and beam your morning paper strait to your bedroom ... Very cleaver things but I don't like them .

Why would you want to live there ?

Watched dream homes by the sea, they were in Sandbanks Dorset in a £4m house, it was horrendous - neighbours on both sides so essentially suburban street, and all this polished marble flooring and a kitchen that you know is only used to slice lemons for the G&T

And what is all this nonsense about having a crapper in the bedroom ...?

Or as my wife said the correct answer to " why are there two chainsaws behind the sofa " is not " because the other one is in the land rover"

Guess I'm just a peasant .......

Why would you want to live there ?

Watched dream homes by the sea, they were in Sandbanks Dorset in a £4m house, it was horrendous - neighbours on both sides so essentially suburban street, and all this polished marble flooring and a kitchen that you know is only used to slice lemons for the G&T

And what is all this nonsense about having a crapper in the bedroom ...?

Or as my wife said the correct answer to " why are there two chainsaws behind the sofa " is not " because the other one is in the land rover"

Guess I'm just a peasant .......

The one or two I do like in Bosham do have neighbors but they are a good rifle shot away . The lawns are huge !

We did some work for Chris Evans' neighbour near Winkworth Arboretum.

You could just see his house in the distance. The house was a Lutyens design with a wing for the staff. Patio must be 50mtrs x 30, leading on to the upper lawn (bigger than a football pitch). No idea how many bedrooms, I've stayed in smaller hotels.

The great thing is that the owner only lives therea few weeks a year.

He's got places all over the world - He's NOT a tree surgeon, by the way.

We've a client who built an underground swimming pool including a gym, wine cellar and a huge cinema screen on the wall overlooking the pool. To facilitate this they had to extend their house by a quarter again to make room for the stair case to said pool and all the gubbings involved with having an underground pool.

This place is stunning, full time gardener with an Italian garden, arbor, wooded area and lake; oh and this is their country pad........

We've a client who built an underground swimming pool including a gym, wine cellar and a huge cinema screen on the wall overlooking the pool. To facilitate this they had to extend their house by a quarter again to make room for the stair case to said pool and all the gubbings involved with having an underground pool.

This place is stunning, full time gardener with an Italian garden, arbor, wooded area and lake; oh and this is their country pad........

Come on Andrew . Admit it , Its your gaff ! :biggrin: